to wrap or not to wrap...that is the ???

24 replies to this topic
  • thumper_dad

Posted February 07, 2005 - 08:55 AM

Print Screen key works when you hit the button then go to a simple program like MS Paint and paste it there :cry:

Rich

• Some Dude

Posted February 07, 2005 - 11:01 AM

I used over 18' of 1" thermotec black tape for just my Powerbomb Header. That was wrapping with over half overlap so essentially there are two layers of tape on my header.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted February 07, 2005 - 11:08 AM

Print Screen key works when you hit the button then go to a simple program like MS Paint and paste it there :cry:

Rich

There you go. I was expecting a dialogue box to open so I didn't think it was working but I just hit print screen and pasted in MS word and it worked. Thanks TD

• DigilubeJay

Posted February 07, 2005 - 05:58 PM

Wade never did mention anything about header degradation. My assumption on that matter is that unless moisture gets under the wrap there shouldn't be any more wear than without wrap...but that is my assumption.

Wade sells header tape, and apparently he also paints the wrap with a heat paint afterwards. Here is a link to the Summers wrap and paint (25' @ $27.95)

Summers Racing Header Wrap

• NuckingFuts

Posted March 04, 2005 - 01:03 PM

I just have a couple questions:

1) Sounds like most guys are having to adjust their jetting. Which circuit are you finding needs adjustment after wrapping?

2) The wrap manufacturers claim increase low end (minimal if neglegable of course) but Ive read several people losing some low end. What's the consensus on that?

My only reason for wanting to wrap was b/c my powerbomb has no shield and I want some heat protection from myself. But if it causes a decrease in performance then I would be turned off.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.