Side Access Airbox on 426?

2 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted February 02, 2005 - 04:46 AM

Anyone made or bought a side access airbox for their 426? I would like to change mine up so that it is a little easier to get to the filter. I would be interested in putting an 05 yz airbox on it if it will fit. Any Ideas? Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted February 02, 2005 - 10:13 AM

I think if you're gonna try a "retro-fit" you should use an '03 or '04 airbox, as I think (not 100% sure) they lowered the subframe a bit on the '05 & the airbox might have been modified to accommodate the change (if they made it).

• jbrooks26

Posted February 02, 2005 - 04:09 PM

Hey Thanks, any ideas where I might get my hands on one? I am not inconvenienced enough to pay new price from the local dealer just yet. Thanks for the info.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.