anybody got a rekluse perch adjuster i can buy?

7 replies to this topic
  • thelimeyone

Posted January 31, 2005 - 08:04 PM

i want to try the adjuster, but i dont want to pay the 80 bucks.
anybody got one they aint using,
alternatively...does anyone have one they can sketch for me, or explain its principle, so i can make one.
thanks
phil.
(yes, i already know im cheap)

id be grateful for replies at philandwifeyshouse@msn.com

• GetSumBaby

Posted January 31, 2005 - 08:26 PM

its a pretty crazy piece man! I cant even explain it. Same principle as the one you have now - there is an adjustable spring up near the perch. But not just any spring will do. I just got my clutch installed and if I dont use the perch I will let you know. But Im not cheep either :cry:

Ed

• thelimey1

Posted February 01, 2005 - 07:28 AM

Mc.Bummer guess that means i cant make one.

• John_Lorenz

Posted February 01, 2005 - 07:49 AM

i want to try the adjuster, but i dont want to pay the 80 bucks.
anybody got one they aint using,
alternatively...does anyone have one they can sketch for me, or explain its principle, so i can make one.
thanks
phil.
(yes, i already know im cheap)

id be grateful for replies at philandwifeyshouse@msn.com

I hear some guys from Nigeria have one for sale 4500 bucks send them your bike to install it :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thelimey1

Posted February 03, 2005 - 03:28 PM

hmmm, ive heard of deals like that, sometimes it turns out they are not for real.
they have even been known to take folks money and stuff.
dont think id send my bike over there, who'd be that stupid.
i heard some poor sucker actually did that, i couldnt decide if he was lying though.

• xcracer123

Posted February 03, 2005 - 05:07 PM

Spend the $80. You won't regret it!!!

• Fastest1

Posted February 04, 2005 - 03:43 PM

It would cost you more than the 80.00 to make one. It is basically a tube with a moving spring tensioned cable holder, it allows the necessary freeplay for the clutch to operate properly. There are 2 different springs available that allow adjustment of the engagement. Have you ridden without it yet? I never ran one on my EFM, I also have a Rekluse and didnt run it with that one either. I really didnt get much time on it yet though.

• machoman_#618

Posted February 04, 2005 - 04:04 PM

yup ...all but the rubber boot. But you could make that....what you give me for it? Even got the directions. But it ain't easy to put on...trust me

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.