Would you buy a 650L again?

Built like a TANK,easy to work on,heck yea I'll buy another!But the DRZ-S is a lot closer to a dirtbike for sure,it may be the best bike for you.Myself Im a trailrider so I like the big bore bikes because they run so good on the asphalt,and I dont want no water buffalooo out on the range.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 93 650L and have ridden it for years with very few mods (even still use the steel bars). I like the bike well enough to rebuild the motor twice (once was my fault) and the wife and I still tackle all the dual sport hard ways two up. It's so much fun to pass guys on their tricked out bikes while riding a 12 year old bike with two geezers sitting on top of it. I have to say that I do have a 2001 650R that I have dual sported and also use for BITD racing such as Vegas to Reno. I really love that bike. It is perfectly capable of cruising the street or hammering out 500 miles of dirt on the way to Reno.

The 650 L is the best all around bike I've ever owned.(a little heavy,you can get it down under 300 pds with some after market stuff)) I have owned everything from a 1976 yz 400 to a 2002 xr 650 L ( at least 15 different bikes). If you like power, reliability and ride on the street at all, stay in the red!