Bike hauler ?

9 replies to this topic
  • cgrlvr35

Posted January 31, 2005 - 06:31 PM

Hey all,

Ive been looking at bike haulers that hook up to the hitch. I like sarge industries. I have been looking into the mx hauler that needs no ramps. It uses a jack and lowers the bike to the ground an dyou can use it as a work rack for the bike. Ive seen it made by two different makers. Has anyone used , own or have anyone that transport with one. Please let me know. In the market to buy one. I like both ideas. :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted January 31, 2005 - 07:33 PM

My hauler has gotten kinda stupid. It started life out as a new 2004 Cargomate 16 ft X 7 wide. Since, I have added an awning, built in ramp carriers underneath, ceiling fan/vent, porch light, forward mounted hanging cabinet with a Suburban 20,000 BTU theromostatically controlled furnace, a 2000 watt AC inverter, 60 AMP RV intelli-charger with smart wizard, 9,000 BTU Coleman Polar Cub roof mounted AC, AM/FM/CD Pioneer stereo, all wired for 12V and 110VAC, 50 ft of E-track, 16 floor rings, flip out step for RV side door. Its repulsive. But on those overnight rides, its nice comfy and warm. I have built accessories like tables etc to clip into the etrack. Everything comes out except the overhead forward cabinet where all the utilities are mounted. I suppose a receiver hith mounted bike hauler would of been eaiser, but it was fun building! ;D

• new2blu

Posted January 31, 2005 - 08:08 PM

One of my buddies has the Moto Jack Rack--I highly recommend it; very strong and well put togther. Make sure your "tow vehicle's" hitch is high enough off the ground (no cars or vans) tahoe,suburban,4x4 pickups will work ok.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 31, 2005 - 09:45 PM

I have the Moto Jack Rack and love it. Just today at the end of the ride, the other guys were like, "Man you got it easy, we still have to load our bikes". They are right, I got it easy with that setup. It is very solid, easy to use, and better than running up a ramp at the end of a long ride. Hope this helps.:cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 01, 2005 - 02:05 AM

Check out the Ultimate MX Hauler for $295.00:

www.ultimateMXhauler.com

looks like a pretty sturdy design with no ramp required.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • viper77

Posted February 01, 2005 - 12:00 PM

I also have the Moto jack rack, I have had no problems with it. It is so much easier than a trailer.:cry:

Although, I'm getting my son his first bike in the spring. So, it looks like it's back to the trailer.:cry:

• thumper_dad

Posted February 01, 2005 - 12:15 PM

My hauler has gotten kinda stupid. It started life out as a new 2004 Cargomate 16 ft X 7 wide. Since, I have added an awning, built in ramp carriers underneath, ceiling fan/vent, porch light, forward mounted hanging cabinet with a Suburban 20,000 BTU theromostatically controlled furnace, a 2000 watt AC inverter, 60 AMP RV intelli-charger with smart wizard, 9,000 BTU Coleman Polar Cub roof mounted AC, AM/FM/CD Pioneer stereo, all wired for 12V and 110VAC, 50 ft of E-track, 16 floor rings, flip out step for RV side door. Its repulsive. But on those overnight rides, its nice comfy and warm. I have built accessories like tables etc to clip into the etrack. Everything comes out except the overhead forward cabinet where all the utilities are mounted. I suppose a receiver hith mounted bike hauler would of been eaiser, but it was fun building! ;D

before I asked I looked in your garage, so wheres the pictures of this RV you have built?

• cgrlvr35

Posted February 01, 2005 - 12:41 PM

Thanks all. I appreciate the info. Ill decide soon. :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted February 01, 2005 - 06:28 PM

before I asked I looked in your garage, so wheres the pictures of this RV you have built?

Yeah, the new format doesnt allow me unless I call it a motorcycle. I had to cheat just to get my utility quad in there by calling it a LTZ. I think the moderators should allow us to show off the toy haulers!:cry: :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted February 01, 2005 - 07:22 PM

OK Thumper_dad. its in the garage under "VOR" 750.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.