Is the IMS tank the same, 04 to 05

5 replies to this topic
  • jdgraham

Posted January 31, 2005 - 03:37 PM

I just received my tank from IMS. The receipt indicates that it is for a 2004 WR450. I have a 2005. does anyone if they are the same? I tried to call IMS but they are closed until Friday. I would really like to mount it before then. I am pretty tired of 50 mile rides. :cry:

• trailriderjoe

Posted January 31, 2005 - 03:48 PM

Well, you answered my question. 50 miles huh! That's not a lot!

What kind of riding, WOT, woods, MX, desert?

Looks like an IMS tank is in my future!

Keep us informed on the look and fitup...Inquiring minds want to know

• jbarnes

Posted January 31, 2005 - 07:07 PM

The part number for the new tank to fit an 05 with AIS on is 117323, it is listed to fit 03-05. The only difference is on the portion that sits next to the AIS, they made it so it would clear the junk. I dont know the P.N. for the tank it replaces.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdgraham

Posted February 01, 2005 - 08:47 AM

Desert Riding @ Wfo!!!!!!!

• joshbeene

Posted February 01, 2005 - 03:23 PM

I don't believe that the 04 IMS tank will fit on your 05. I have an 05 WR 450 and bought some radiator gaurds that were for an 04 and the bolt holes did not match up. I just ordered an 05 IMS tank for my bike because I went to cleer creek and had to switch to reserve at 37 miles, and ran out at 48 miles. I have checked my mileage a couple of times and am averaging about 21-22mpg.

• jbarnes

Posted February 01, 2005 - 05:23 PM

The tank for the 03/04 will fit the 05 if you remove the AIS, the new tank will fit 03-05.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.