05 wr450f seems to lake power

14 replies to this topic
  • new2fourstrokes

Posted January 31, 2005 - 02:49 AM

rode my new 05 wr450 today not sure if im happy with it or not yet..:cry: the power i mean the bike is fine just the power feels slow.. the only modsthats been done is the restrictor taken out of the muffler and throtle stop... with all mods done how much more power will i get...:cry: and any help with the muffler would be good what is the best on to buy thats not to LOUD..

• elton

Posted January 31, 2005 - 04:07 AM

rode my new 05 wr450 today not sure if im happy with it or not yet..:cry: the power i mean the bike is fine just the power feels slow.. the only modsthats been done is the restrictor taken out of the muffler and throtle stop

You must open up the airbox where it can breath: remove the airbox snorkel, also disconnect the grey wire under the gas tank. Then remember to use the extra throttle gained by doing the stop mod.

After all four mods, you should be impressed; what you expect and then some. My 05 WR450 has 265 miles on it and is more impressive on each ride -- very fast, stable, pulls hard in every gear, kicks into warp drive when the revs increase.

any help with the muffler would be good what is the best on to buy thats not to LOUD..

I'm running the stock muffler with the restrictive insert out of the silencer; its not loud, good performance -- but will try a promotobillet silent insert ($39) when it ships for the 05.

Elton

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 31, 2005 - 05:25 AM

Do all the posted 05 mods, JD jetting kit and a YZ450 exhaust cam mod! She will rip your arms off!:cry:

• thumper_dad

Posted January 31, 2005 - 05:34 AM

How many times does this exact post have to be threaded?,
Q: Re: 05 wr450f seems to lake power
A: try reading before typing

• simon@vic

Posted January 31, 2005 - 09:36 AM

How many times does this exact post have to be threaded?,
Q: Re: 05 wr450f seems to lake power
A: try reading before typing

time for a sticky post
"how do make your WR400/426/450 more powerfull for free or cheap"

simple to the point. sticky. locked. any admins around?

• thumper_dad

Posted January 31, 2005 - 10:00 AM

I'm not trying to be rude its just this exact heading or a heading almost exactly the same is on atleast 6 different threads within the past month.

It makes it almost numbing to come here and read the same ol crap time and time again.

I am sure it took some research to find this damn site, try some more research here and you will get the answers to your questions 70% of the time.

Rich

• Raistlin

Posted January 31, 2005 - 10:30 AM

I'm not trying to be rude its just this exact heading or a heading almost exactly the same is on atleast 6 different threads within the past month.

It makes it almost numbing to come here and read the same ol crap time and time again.

I am sure it took some research to find this damn site, try some more research here and you will get the answers to your questions 70% of the time.

Rich

Patience is a virtue!! :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joshbeene

Posted January 31, 2005 - 02:22 PM

I have an 05 WR450 and yes, it does lack power before you make some mods. You must, open up the exhaust, (I put a FMF Q series Pipe on) open up the air box, (Take out the snorkel, and cut out the two shapes drawn out on the right hand side. You must take of the right side cover to see what I am talking about.) clip the grey wire under the tank, and then rejet the thing cause it will be way to lean. I have done all that to mine and I love the power. I ride mostly technical riding so I changed the front sprocket to give it more torque.

• new2fourstrokes

Posted February 01, 2005 - 01:54 AM

thumper dad,, i was unhappy with the power i've done a few mods but i was still unhappy what i really wanted was more help with what else i could do if you bothered to read it....

• beezer

Posted February 01, 2005 - 06:25 AM

We were all new to 4 strokes at one time. I asked the same questions you did.

A sticky post is a great idea.

I like helping a new guy out and having him post back that he tried the mods and the bike screams now.

• thumper_dad

Posted February 01, 2005 - 07:15 AM

LIKE I SAID " DIDN'T MEAN TO BE RUDE !" and yes i did bother to read your entire post. :cry: stick around for a while and you too will understand

• jwriott

Posted February 01, 2005 - 07:24 AM

Is your name Richard?

I think a sticky would be very beneficial. It can get very tedious trying to find all this information. When I did my WR426, I looked for a long time before I found what I wanted. It was also a lot easier when the search engine went through all the threads instead of just one.

• thumper_dad

Posted February 01, 2005 - 09:09 AM

My name?

• elton

Posted February 01, 2005 - 11:20 AM

IMO, If we sticky note hot topics, and complain if anyone asks such questions, this board will not be as entertaining as it is; rehashing mods., maintenance, this bike vs. the WR, etc., etc. makes this board more active and fun than others.

Elton

• Raistlin

Posted February 02, 2005 - 02:18 PM

I agree with Elton!! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.