Enzo here comes my stuff

10 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted January 30, 2005 - 02:13 PM

Finally broke down and I am sending forks and shock to
Enzo tomorrow:applause: ....I just can not seem to justify spending 5/6k on a 05 anything right now so I am just gonna max out my 03 and wait til 06! I found some used Enzo subtanks from a TT brother up in Canada and I am going with Revalve of both ends and the Enzo shock bottoming system....I just had top end and a custom cam installed last week.... I hope this invigorates me and my riding and cures all my suspension wows as I have become a very bored rider lately with my current set up....anyone want a deal on some RaceTech Goldvalves both ends set up for B rider 195lbs? :cry:

so as the signature reads......with a lot more than a ton of money in it...:cry:

• mx89

Posted January 30, 2005 - 03:19 PM

Good luck... hope this setup works. Is your Race Tech not working for you?

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2005 - 05:56 AM

Race Tech stuff works ok...I need a change. I have always heard great things about Enzo and the subtank system for the 2003 YZF's. I want to see if this change will be me more confidence. I have gotten to a point riding that I just can not seem to improve past my current ability....probably too old and tired....NOT! Anyway my bike is turning into a museum piece...well see if this helps, if not....06 bikes are soon to be released in 6mo's.:cry:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted February 01, 2005 - 06:12 AM

Do I hear you correctly, The individual that normally takes care of your suspension isn't getting the job done?

Bonzai :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2005 - 01:06 PM

Do I hear you correctly, The individual that normally takes care of your suspension isn't getting the job done?

Wild Bill, I knew you would be lurking around ready to pouce on this....."He" is real good, I just need a major change or I am quitting as I am very bored these days riding wise- subtanks are the way to go on the 03 - he is not a beleiver in subtanks..as you know....please keep this quiet for now...

he did rebuild my top end and add the cam. Same cam as lane

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MxHuggy

Posted February 03, 2005 - 12:21 PM

Gee Dave, you are spending alot of money on that bike. I guess your new boss gave you a raise huh? :cry:

See you in SF next week! :cry:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted February 03, 2005 - 12:37 PM

please keep this quiet for now...

Not to worry.... My names Not Lane......

I understand completely...

• Ga426owner

Posted February 05, 2005 - 08:22 AM

Gee Dave, you are spending alot of money on that bike. I guess your new boss gave you a raise huh? :cry:

See you in SF next week! :cry:

Irony............yea he gave me a raise!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Good luck with him Ron :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 05, 2005 - 08:23 AM

Not to worry.... My names Not Lane......

I understand completely...

thanks buddy!

• Fireball

Posted February 05, 2005 - 06:31 PM

David,
I'm surprised we've never met somewhere at a track in Ga. My son, Flea... # 598, rides A class locally & tries to qualify at a couple of Nationals every year. He's been on Enzo suspension for 3 years. He's been on YZ's for 9 years. Pro Circuit did some of his earlier YZ 125 stuff. Factory Connection did his 01 426. We were introduced to Don Maeda while trying to qualify at the Atlanta SX in 2003. We were hanging out with Todd Dunn at the Yamaha of Troy semi. After meeting him and talking, we sent Flea's 250 (2 stroke)stuff to them. It's the best he's ever rode on. It's very firm, and plush... with a big but to it.... ya can't be slacking late in the moto or it'll hammer you. Your's may be more forgiving, `cause we told em he rides A locally and would be attempting a few Nationals. He got a 05 YZ 450 in September & we sent em his stuff before he ever even rode the bike. It gave me a week or so to grease the bike & locktite every nut & bolt & torque it properly. He hasn't had a single complaint about the suspension. You should be really pleased when you get yours back. Maybe we'll meet at a race soon. Flea #598 250A & Four-Stroke and Fireball #402 +40

• Ga426owner

Posted February 06, 2005 - 07:22 AM

Fireball thanks for the reply - I read your post on http://www.Ga-MXRacing.com all the time......and I look forward to meeting you officially. I wanted to send the forks and shock off to Enzo in 03 - I believe that they are the best when it come to KYB stuff. I am looking forward to the results of their work. :cry:
How does your son like the 05 Blue bike overall? Just curious about this : what does enzo do to the 05 Forks? Being a twin chambered system, do they forgo the subtanks for just special valving and springrates? what other goodies do they do for those new forks?

What advice do you have for the 03 fork and shock set up based on your son's past bike setups ? They will have my stuff on monday -
For me I am thinking/pre ordered for 195lb-205lb fast C / B Vet class rider
forks - new springrates, valving and subtanks
shock - Titanium spring, enzo bottoming system and valving
No - special coatings - too costly

Thanks for your input, see you soon

David

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.