YZ Seat Tank Kit

6 replies to this topic
  • Gobbler801

Posted August 05, 2001 - 03:07 PM

First of all, does anyone have a YZ seat for sale? I'm looking to do a YZ seat/tank conversion. Which seat/tanks are you guys running, how do you like them and how much did you pay for them?

• Bill

Posted August 05, 2001 - 04:57 PM

Stock YZ Tank ($100) and an IMS seat ($125) the IMS seat is slightly taller than the stock. SDG now has a stock YZ seat for $90 (black cover only).

I love it, much slimmer than stock and the bike turns much better (you can move further forward on the seat and weight the front wheel)

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Posted August 05, 2001 - 05:33 PM

Stock 99 YZ tank($100), SDG YZ Seat($100). Only thing I MIGHT have done different was waited for the clearance of the 3.2 gal YZ tanks, but I'm happy just the same.

2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Works Connection Radiator Guards, Michelin M-12, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed, Gray Wire Mod.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gobbler801

Posted August 06, 2001 - 06:26 AM

Dose SDG have a web site? Did you get the YZ tanks from the dealer, or someone who was selling them?

• wrpunisher

Posted August 06, 2001 - 06:31 AM

I've got a YZ Ceet seat from IMS that I'd like to sell. The cover is trashed, but the base and foam are in excellent condition. I'll take $50, including shipping. Email me if interested.

• Bill

Posted August 06, 2001 - 10:02 AM

I got mine from Kevin in NH. He somehow managed to have two of them. Keep checking here and on the YZ side of TT, also some of the other internet bike sites.

• Gobbler801

Posted August 06, 2001 - 08:36 PM

Clarke Mfg is selling the conversion kit for 244. It is a 3.3 gallon tank, and the SDG seat. You can buy them seperate too. The tank for 155, and the seat for 89. I had a clarke tank on my 00 kx and it was a good tank. One of my friends has a 99 YZ 250 though, and his blue tank matched perfect when he got it, but turned dark blue after a few months. I wonder if it was the 2 stroke oil. He uses red line. Does anyone here have a clarke tank? Did it change color? how long have you had it?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.