shortened exhaust can???

5 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted January 30, 2005 - 10:39 AM

i've read a couple times now that a shortened can will increase the bottom end??? i've got a powercore 4 that seems a little long to start with,and shortening it would be very simple the way it's designed. how much should i take off??? it looks to be around 18". i'm guessin' about 4" ? :cry:

• BubZ

Posted January 31, 2005 - 04:12 AM

I don't have an answer, but if you find out and are successful please let us know. I have Powercore on the way. I think the biggest problem with my 05 WR so far is the lack of any real bottom power. That really surprised me.

I have the materials on the way to open her and rejet, I'm sure that will make her faster, but I doubt it will give any more bottom end power... we shall see though.

Bud

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 31, 2005 - 05:08 AM

My understanding is the larger volume can is better for bottom end. See the latest pipe test ( link below) and you will note the Ti4 and Ti 4 AMA legal only difference is the length of the muffler and core diameter. :cry: Now If I can just figure out how to make mine longer!:cry:

http://dirtrider.com...h/141_0303_pip/

FMF Ti 4 has the most low rpm grunt of all the pipes!:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted January 31, 2005 - 06:36 AM

"the difference between the two FMF ti4 exhaust lie in the length and core diameter,the STANDARD having a SHORTER can and larger core. the STANDARD produces MORE bottom end." you misinterpeted:naughty: ...:)the way i was thinking of enlarging the core was to make a sleeve of ceramic cloth batting(good for 3200 deg F) and wrapping in a perforated stainless tube,leaving much more room around the core section.

• wantmorepower

Posted February 01, 2005 - 03:56 PM

That is a very powerfull weed whacker. Any possible way to get the upside of 50 horsepower?? How about some torque ratings? It would seem more important to have more torque than horsepower. Am I wrong?

• ncmountainman

Posted February 02, 2005 - 07:34 AM

That is a very powerfull weed whacker. Any possible way to get the upside of 50 horsepower?? How about some torque ratings? It would seem more important to have more torque than horsepower. Am I wrong?

:cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.