Different clutch plate shape?

No replies to this topic
  • Tim_Heslip

Posted August 05, 2001 - 10:00 AM

I just started my clutch rebuild with OEM parts and noticed that the clutch plates (not friction plates) (part number 498-16325-00-00 PLATE, CLUTCH 2) is a different shape than the original. The originals are round and the new ones have an area that cuts short of round with a tab sticking up. I wish I could post a picture but I don't have a digital camera yet. I double checked the part number with an online microfiche and it matches. I don't mind the shape but I don't know if I should have all the tabs going the same direction or staggered or if it matters at all. Thanks for any help. I may try to scan the plate and post it later.

Tim
1998 WR400

[This message has been edited by Tim Heslip (edited 08-06-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.