I Am All Sparked Out!! Help Me!!!!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • csholer

Posted January 29, 2005 - 01:29 PM

Hey guys, i really need some help. i got my son (6yrs.old) a new polaris predator 50 for xmas.(yeah i know it's got 4 wheels, but he is xtra small for his age). any way he was ridin' last weekend, went thru a large puddle, up a short hill and it stopped running. it has elec. start(wish my xr did!) 2 stroke (yuck!) with oil injecter, one brake light. here is what it WILL do-- it cranks, gets fuel,has compression,brake light works, horn works. here is what it WON'T do--no spark. zip,nada,zero. even stuck my finger in the boot just to do the final check. i am really hoping one of you can give me some leads before i go to the dealer. thanks a bunch, chris

• RingKingPin

Posted January 29, 2005 - 07:04 PM

I would say check the coil? Check all connections to the coil, especially the ground. It sounds like the regulator is OK since the lights etc are working. With a little luck, thats all it is. Good luck! P.S. you'll find the coil by following the sparkplug wire.

• KK232

Posted January 30, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Bad gas filter?

EDIT, ops. no spark will not cause a bad gas filter. might just be a pinched wire?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrvince

Posted January 30, 2005 - 02:08 PM

check your kill switch or the wiring from it .

• BWB63

Posted January 30, 2005 - 02:59 PM

Two Smoke! I will put put my money on the fouled plug!:cry:

• csholer

Posted January 30, 2005 - 07:10 PM

thanks for all the tips guys. plug was not fouled and the kill switch is working. i checked it first. definate no spark as i stuck my little finger in the plug boot an cranked it(crazy, but i had to be totally sure) no zappo. so i have to haul this thing to the dealer(still under warranty) this week, but it's about an hour and a half drive so i was really wanting to fix this myself. oh well. thanks again, later

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.