2 stroke prob.?

14 replies to this topic
  • yamahazinger

Posted January 28, 2005 - 06:43 PM

I had bought some silkolene injector oil while at a bike shop and am wondering if it i can mix it with my gas for premix? Or should i just stay with regular premix. I've heard you can mix it and it's fine, but want to make sure. Ive invested ALOT of money into my yz250 and am not going to trash it because of the wrong oil. Just let me know what you guys think. thanks dave
:cry:

• YZFan

Posted January 28, 2005 - 07:44 PM

What part of THUMPERtalk didnt you understand???? We dont burn oil here.

Posted January 28, 2005 - 07:48 PM

I have no idea, if it isn't for 2-smoke motorcycles I wouldn't use it. I did say you have some $$$ wrapped up in your bike, is it worth it for a few extra $$$?

• grmracing

Posted January 29, 2005 - 05:30 AM

you can run 30 wt. PepBoys oil if thats all you got..Some Friends and myself drove 200 miles to ride in a real cool area, (3, 4-storkes 1, 2-stroke) the dumb-ass brought his gas but forgot to premix it.. We drained enough oil out of my ford 350 DIESEL Eng. (DELO 400 40wt.) to premix his gas,, it smoked alittle! but he ran all day, Better than setting in the truck all day.. POINT..any oil will work,,BUT by the good stuff..We run MOTUL.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• biznet1

Posted January 29, 2005 - 05:52 AM

You should only use a good two stroke oil. If you want economical, use Castrol synthetic two stroke. Do not use regular motor oil! It might get you out of the woods, but at a huge expense to the head and rings. Regular motor oil does not have the correct properties. The best oil to use for your bike, is Motul or Amsoil.

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 29, 2005 - 05:52 AM

Read the bottle; lots of injector oil is also ok for premix, but read the bottle.

• Satch0922

Posted January 29, 2005 - 06:34 AM

better safe than sorry. Sure it will run but what kind of accelerated wear etc are you risking.

Get the right oil....you will have more fun riding if you do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DoctorRzed

Posted January 29, 2005 - 07:04 AM

Cant you bring the oil back and exchange it?

• sanpedro426

Posted January 29, 2005 - 06:54 PM

2SMOKES go somewhere else:excuseme: :cry:

• Satch0922

Posted January 29, 2005 - 07:11 PM

Give me a break.

Hey YamahaZinger...there are alot of riders here that will try and help answer your questions .....regardless of what "STUDLEY" SanPedro says.

• biznet1

Posted January 30, 2005 - 06:42 AM

Nah, nah, na, nah, naah. NO GIRLS ALLOWED! Grow up.

• rmracer27

Posted January 30, 2005 - 06:52 AM

It could be used but I would try to take it back and get some good 2 stroke oil. If you use the oil you bought you will thinking about it the the whole time you are riding. Like is something going to happen since I used this type of oil. You will not have much fun cause you will be worried about it. Thats what I would be thinking about.LOL Do not use regular engine oil cause that can really mess up your top end.

Later

• gmiles

Posted January 30, 2005 - 07:22 AM

What part of THUMPERtalk didnt you understand???? We dont burn oil here.

Most of us don't. However, some people ride crf250's.

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 30, 2005 - 09:53 AM

Most of us don't. However, some people ride crf250's.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

LOL... anyway, also most of us have ridden 2-strokes in the past before good 4-strokes were available to the masses (or still have family on 2-strokes) and there's certainly nothing wrong with asking for 2-stroke advice on occasion. :cry:

• sanpedro426

Posted February 11, 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hey i was just tryin to be funny , sometimes it dosnt come off that way , sorry. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.