Some pics of my Acerbis tank...

27 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 28, 2005 - 01:57 PM

I just bought a new tank for my 05. It's my first Acerbis tank and was I curious to see how it would fit. I already took off my AIS unit so I don't know if it would've fit with it or not, it would've been close.. The tank fits really nice on the bike, the only thing I had to do was to move the kick arm one notch counter clockwise to fit in the indention on the tank, other than that it was a snap to put on. The tank comes with two petcocks, fuel line and all the hardware. Acerbis claims it's a 3.3, it has a nice cap system to it, it accepts the drybreak receiver when using the DB system, the tank uses stock 05 WR shrouds, pretty nice.. Yes, it comes in blue. :cry: I paid $161.00 from my local dealer... :cry: I've been told that the Acerbis make the GYT-R tank for Yamaha...

http://img.photobuck...rbistank005.jpg
http://img.photobuck...rbistank008.jpg
The 05 carb has a swivel fitting for the fuel line, makes routing very clean and direct:
http://img.photobuck...rbistank006.jpg
http://img.photobuck...rbistank007.jpg

Bonus: My temporary "Lance Armstrong" GPS mount.. Do not try this at home...
http://img.photobuck...rbistank014.jpg

• dustdogg

Posted January 28, 2005 - 02:26 PM

Nice pics. :cry: I have been happy with my Clarke tank but I have to say, after seeing the Acrebis tank up close I am impressed. Good quality and a nice textured finish. The natural color also looks better than the natural color of the Clarke tank. :cry: :cry:

• DesertWR

Posted January 28, 2005 - 03:35 PM

Looks Nice Dan :cry: Now go out & get that bike dirty! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• GixxerBitch

Posted January 28, 2005 - 03:51 PM

I can't believe how some of the bikes on here are so clean, a lot cleaner than my road bike. I'm a little ashamed at the state of my WR! :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 28, 2005 - 03:54 PM

Sweet!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I think that is the best aftermarket big tank for the WR450! :cry:

• onelugnut

Posted January 28, 2005 - 04:18 PM

The tank fits good and the unibiker rad gards will work. :cry:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 28, 2005 - 04:57 PM

I can't believe how some of the bikes on here are so clean, a lot cleaner than my road bike. I'm a little ashamed at the state of my WR! :cry:

Gixxer, my bike is barely broken in... Give me some time.. :cry:

Does your 400 look as bad as my old 426?

http://img.photobuck.../Blownupsir.jpg

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 28, 2005 - 04:58 PM

Sweet!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I think that is the best aftermarket big tank for the WR450! :cry:

:cry:

• Fryboy

Posted January 29, 2005 - 07:58 AM

Glad to see one of our most prominent TT'ers back on blue were you belong :cry: :cry:

Fryboy

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 29, 2005 - 08:58 AM

The tank fits good and the unibiker rad gards will work. :cry:

Onelugnut brings up a good point Dan!
I did not see rad guards on your bike. I strongly recommend the Unabiker guard/brace in one combination design! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jwriott

Posted January 29, 2005 - 10:15 AM

Hey Dan, I'd put some reflective heat tape on the bottom of the tank near the header. My WR426 with the Clarke tank would boil the gas on hot days and the tank would get pretty warm. It had more clearance than that one does.

How do you think the bike feels compared to the MXC? Weight wise, handling, power, etc. I'm thinking the next off road bike I get will be another WR. This time however, I'm keeping my 2-stroke.:cry:

• xc2

Posted January 29, 2005 - 10:21 AM

Dan,

Thanks for the pics - looks great!
Do you have the part numbers handy?
I'm looking for one online but not having any luck......

• GasAHolic

Posted January 29, 2005 - 10:24 AM

Ditto to xc2's comment and his question....Very nice! Also, is there any fuel left in the right side when it gets low, or does it make it to the petcock on the left side OK?

• onelugnut

Posted January 29, 2005 - 10:53 AM

Ditto to xc2's comment and his question....Very nice! Also, is there any fuel left in the right side when it gets low, or does it make it to the petcock on the left side OK?

The acerbis tank has a petcock on both sides.:cry:

• dirtsquirt101

Posted January 29, 2005 - 11:12 AM

Gixxer, my bike is barely broken in... Give me some time.. :cry:

Does your 400 look as bad as my old 426?

http://img.photobuck.../Blownupsir.jpg

What happened to it?

• wantmorepower

Posted January 30, 2005 - 02:37 PM

Dan, could you make those pictures a little bigger? I don't see a car in there at all, from here, it looks as if you have your own garage dedicated to your bikes. Is that a Honda Trail 90 I see in the corner?? My father had one of those in the 70's.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 31, 2005 - 06:52 AM

Onelugnut brings up a good point Dan!
I did not see rad guards on your bike. I strongly recommend the Unabiker guard/brace in one combination design! :cry:

I agree Indy... I should have some protection for the radiators, I'll go to Unabiker and check it out. Otherwise I'll get the Works Connection setup. (I get em cheap)

Thanks.. :cry:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 31, 2005 - 07:13 AM

Dan, could you make those pictures a little bigger? I don't see a car in there at all, from here, it looks as if you have your own garage dedicated to your bikes. Is that a Honda Trail 90 I see in the corner?? My father had one of those in the 70's.

WMP, I was disappointed when I saw what the pics looked like when Photobucket resized them, the photos I took were huge.. If you or anyone wants big picutres, send me an email to danlorenze@hotmail.com and I'll send you the big ones...

Vmax wrote:
Hey Dan, I'd put some reflective heat tape on the bottom of the tank near the header. My WR426 with the Clarke tank would boil the gas on hot days and the tank would get pretty warm. It had more clearance than that one does.

How do you think the bike feels compared to the MXC? Weight wise, handling, power, etc. I'm thinking the next off road bike I get will be another WR. This time however, I'm keeping my 2-stroke.:cry:

Vmax, thanks for the heads up on the hot gas.. My 300 feels quicker off the bottom, it gets up to speed faster. The 300 is for sure lighter and you can feel it in the whoops, not so much in corners but in the whoops the two stroke stays on top of them and the WR likes to go in them. The WR feels no more top heavy and corners just as good and the KTM. I am selling the KTM and keeping my WR, I can just do more and ride farther with the WR. I will miss it for sure.. I love two strokes and will buy another one someday.. :cry:

Dan

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 31, 2005 - 07:18 AM

What happened to it?

It just had a lot of miles on it and 5th gear blew out. I replaced all valves, cylinder,crank and rod, all five gears, stator, piston and rings etc.... :cry:

My fiance keeps her care in the two car with my bikes and I have my daily driver car in the single car garage.. The bike in the corner is a CT70, I'm in love with them, I have three of them. (well, 2 1/2) one's in pieces...

Fryboy: Glad to see one of our most prominent TT'ers back on blue were you belong :cry: :cry: Nice to be back Fry!!!!!! :cry:

:cry:

Dan

• thumper_dad

Posted February 02, 2005 - 08:03 AM

Hey Dan, I went to Acebris online and they didn't even have pictures of fuel tanks on there website, very weird.
anyway, i did see some aux tanks that doubled as front number plates.

Can you give me a part number for that tank? or atleast the dealer you got it from.

Thanks
Rich

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.