Those precious ribs!

4 replies to this topic
  • MichaelAngelo

Posted August 04, 2001 - 12:45 PM

Hello all, just got out of the hospital after crashing hard on Wed. afternoon. Just went for a quick one hour after work ride and WHAM! I ended up in the ER. Fractured ribs on right side, collapsed lung. Thank god for morphine and demoral. I was wearing an ACERBAS chest protector and it did only minimully protect me from a very hard side impact. Any ideas from the group on more superior protection for the ribcage? I'm back on the horse, so to speak, just took a put down the street on the wife's TTR-125 and the kid's PW50. Can't wait to mend and get back out on the BEAST. Incidentally, the bike suffered no damage at all.

MA

------------------

• sirhk

Posted August 04, 2001 - 01:15 PM

WOW, it's good to here you're getting better and in good spirits. I thought the Acerbis Zoom protector was one of the best covering units out there. That's what I where. What happened, did you wrap yourself around a tree or just hit the ground hard?

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MichaelAngelo

Posted August 04, 2001 - 04:39 PM

Hey Khris,
I just hit the cement-like hard ground like a ton of bricks. I stiffened up my suspension for the big jumps and I think it is a bit too squirly. I was coming down a slight righthander and the bike just pitched hard to the right. No time to react, I just rode it to the ground right on those ribs. Hurt like hell. I thought I just got the wind knocked out of me really bad. Some guys helped me load the bike on the truck and I even drove home. Once there the Hema-thorax started to become worse and I couldn't get any air. I was on the phone to 911 on the account that the fam was out of town. Try explaining that one to your wife.

Michael

• sirhk

Posted August 04, 2001 - 05:34 PM

I kinda know your pain, just not as bad though I'm sure. Ribs suck cause it seems like once you crack them it takes FOREVER for them to heal. Not to be a downer but I cracked 2 about 2 years ago and still if I hit the ground wrong it makes it hurt to laugh for a week or so. But, hey ridings worth it!!! Good luck with those and heal fast!!

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 04, 2001 - 05:37 PM

Thanks Khris,
It is nice to hear that I'm not alone. Yep, the riding is worth it too. I'm looking forward to trying some different tire combinations. Take care,

MA

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.