yz/wr interchaneability?

2 replies to this topic
  • stink

Posted January 27, 2005 - 04:18 PM

will triples from an 03 yz 450 fit an 04 wr 450? thanks s.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted January 27, 2005 - 04:29 PM

yes, both are 46mm and the stem is the same. :cry:

• SpeedBlitz

Posted January 28, 2005 - 03:45 AM

mcmountain is correct. But the 04 YZ went to 48mm fork. There is however a slight difference. The YZ clamp won't have a mount for the odemeter though. You'll have to improvise. Check out the online Yamaha parts catalogue and you'll see the difference. I got a YZ triple clamp for my WR and intend to improvise something to fit. BTW, I have a Pro Taper adjustable upper P3 Clamp brand new in the box for 03 YZ450F. I got myself the rubber mounted version instead, so I will probably want to sell the P3. I live in Canada, so you wouldn't have to pay brokerage. Let me know if you are interested. I got the rubber mounted version used, so I still have to make sure it is the right one before I sell the P3.

http://www.protaper....ripleclamp.html

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.