Pics of Broken Kick Axle Shaft WR 450

5 replies to this topic
  • RoosterJ

Posted January 27, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here are the pics of the broken kick axle shaft...hope they work this time!

99 KX 500 03 WR 450 78 YZ 400 72 TM 400

• Jackazz

Posted January 27, 2005 - 10:08 AM

Wow, :cry: that sucks. Hope you get 'er fixed up soon. :cry:

• elton

Posted January 27, 2005 - 10:23 AM

This is a bit off the thread's topic, but it was not worth starting a new thread -- the pics made me want to ask.

Question: Is this hole above the kickstand on a 05_WR450 normal; or did something fall/break off (click the URL below to see pic)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted January 27, 2005 - 10:33 AM

Normal, my '04 is the same.

• new2blu

Posted January 27, 2005 - 07:47 PM

How did this happen?

• RoosterJ

Posted January 28, 2005 - 03:57 AM

Just in normal abuse. No really it kicked back Friday night, which it had never done before and this may have weakend the shaft. Sunday riding we stopped and when i try-ed to refired it crapped out. Maybe a stronger shaft should be in order for these bikes. Some say kicker is for emergency, some say they never unfold the kicker. I have new pieces coming and trying for spares.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.