Anyone Have Rg3 Triple Clamps?

8 replies to this topic
  • MichiganMXer

Posted January 27, 2005 - 09:59 AM

If you havent seen these triple clamps, OMG take a look at these.

http://www.rg3online...g3/default.aspx Let the picture cycle through.

Does anyone own these?

Do they really help w/ arm pump?

Does the rubber wear down/crack?

$500 for the upper and lower is pricey but DAAAMMMMMNNNNNN!

• Jetsprint2

Posted January 27, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I hear that those clamps greatly improve the turning ability of the YZ 450, although you sacrifice stability for some major headshake if you run a lot of wide open trails due to the 25mm offset, great for mx though. :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 27, 2005 - 12:18 PM

I have the RG3 top and bottom - for me they are great - rubber does not wear out - it is on my 03 - vibration is a lot less - jump landings are absorbed better - considered the best on the market. I agree. :cry:

• jimmyg

Posted January 27, 2005 - 12:30 PM

i have just the upper on mine and i dont think i'll ever ride another bike without them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThrakenH04

Posted January 27, 2005 - 12:33 PM

I have the top only on my bike with the Fasstco Flexx bars and what a difference it made for over shooting jumps, braking bumps, whoops, and singles. There is no other clamp and bar setup that I would put on this bike. If you want to see the clamps and bars, I have some pictures up on the Garage area of the forum.

• MXof21

Posted January 27, 2005 - 04:49 PM

I have the top clamps only with Renthal Double Wall Bars, it's a great setup for me because the vibrations tend to make my hands numb without it.

• RippinInColorado

Posted January 27, 2005 - 08:55 PM

I'm afraid I have to disagree. I have them and didn't notice much difference. I don't know if I'm just not as sensitive as the other guys or what, but they didn't do much for me. I hestitate to suggest it since I might get flamed, but it is hard to spend big $$ on something and then admit it didn't do much. They are gorgeous and never bend (like the single-mount clamps on my 2002 CR did on even the softest tip-overs). But they don't reduce arm pump. Your money is MUCH better spent on suspension (Enzo!) in general and subtanks in particular. Subtanks make a substantial difference. Not to brag, just to let you know where I'm coming from - race the 40+ Pro class in motocross and go fairly fast. I am an expert in arm pump having suffered it for years. I slam the bumps, jumps, and whatever gets in the way. The RG3s are a fine piece of engineering and look really good on my bike. They just don't make a signficant performance difference.

• Yamaha_004

Posted January 27, 2005 - 08:58 PM

hey I have some on back order but I rode a guys bike that had them on it and loved them. I'm getting the anodized blue. by the way where are you located in colorado ?

• RippinInColorado

Posted January 27, 2005 - 09:08 PM

I'm in Castle Rock and typically ride Watkins, Lakewood, Berthoud. Sometimes Erie. How about you? Send a PM and maybe we can ride sometime.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.