Favorite bars and dampener for 450?

3 replies to this topic
  • GasAHolic

Posted January 26, 2005 - 09:40 AM

I'm considering upgrading the stock set up ('05) and wondering if it's worth it :cry: What's your set up, or if you were going to spend the $, what would you do? Are the Rental (or Moose, etc) replacement bars and a Scotts (or ?) dampener system be a big improvement for this bike?

• DesertWR

Posted January 26, 2005 - 09:54 AM

I left the stock Renthals(I like them) and put a GPR Dampner on my '05 WR450.
Rode in the desert last week and the dampner is SWEET! Especially in sandy washes. :cry: The GPR fits the stock bars(a little tweaking of the cross bar). It cost me appox 350.00 for the dampner. Well worth it. I think if you go to Pro Tapers you'll have to change the triple clamp to fit a dampner. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 26, 2005 - 10:32 AM

Pro Tapers, Scotts, BRP triple clamp & rubber mounted bar mount posts! :cry:

• RichBaker

Posted January 26, 2005 - 12:56 PM

Pro Tapers, Scotts upper clamp and stabilizer, Trail Tech Dashboard w/short risers...ain't nothing better than Scotts. This is the 2nd bike I've had it on. The 1st was my 90 YZ250WRA.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.