Exhaust suggestions for a YZ450?

8 replies to this topic
  • Shorte01

Posted January 25, 2005 - 11:47 PM

Looking to upgrade the exhaust/silencer on my yz450. The stock 04 doesn't seem to have a removable end cap for a spark arrester addition, and since I plan on doing quite a bit of trail riding and out at the dunes, it's somewhat important. Anyway, I am taking suggestions for a silencer that is arrester compatible, sounds decent and doesn't empty the wallet. Thanks for the help.

• vchssrider

Posted January 26, 2005 - 04:31 AM

Pro motobillet end cap. I have one installed on my bike. I went this way since I race enduro's every now and then. Have not had any problems with it. I even got the silencer insert.

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 26, 2005 - 05:00 AM

Check your private messages, I left you a note. :cry:

• yz165rider

Posted January 26, 2005 - 10:25 PM

I have a fmf factory 4 SL with a gyt-r header, works good for me and cost a little less then the full factory 4 system.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted March 09, 2005 - 02:08 PM

The Jardine Rt-four Is Great System! It Sounds Good And Pulls Like Crazy And Looks Good.
High CompressionPosted Image Posted Image

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 09, 2005 - 02:21 PM

White Brother E2 it is USFD and is 96db legal. You can remove the core for race and I tell you the differance in power is only noise

Loud dont = power

• 226DAD

Posted March 11, 2005 - 12:37 PM

Big Gun

• cowboyona426

Posted March 11, 2005 - 02:10 PM

Thunder Alley with the sparky and ask him to send the race core also :)

• bzakk

Posted March 13, 2005 - 08:00 PM

Go with dr. D step system. When you buy it make sure you buy the complete system.
I put it on my '05 and it made a big difference. It also has a spark arrestor that you can remove. I didn't have to re jet or anything. dubach knows what makes yz's happy.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.