This site and the people rule

6 replies to this topic
  • coyote222

Posted January 25, 2005 - 08:47 PM

I just wanted to thank everyone for giving me a new bike today. I have owned my 04 WR 450 since august and to tell you the truth, was really disappointed. Put about 500 miles on it through aug, sept, oct. Then the snow hit us. Had a few nice days lately, brought it out and done the free mods, WOW I got a new bike. The throttle stop and the grey wire made a huge diff. Now , I have to re-train myself, couldn't keep the front wheel down. Thanks again , appreciate all the knowledge. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 25, 2005 - 09:13 PM

I have never rode mine stock. :cry: I wonder how slow it real is? :cry:
TT has been a great forum to share our experiences. This forum goes way beyond the shop manual or local dealer help! :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 26, 2005 - 08:00 AM

hey dan, ya ever rode a xr250?? i'll bet yamaha lost alot of sales on that bike because the dealers knew nothing (or would not tell you)of the mods. my buddy ralph looked at the wr 250,rode it and said his xr 200 had more power. ended up buying a kdx220. then i bought my 450 knowing it needed all the mods and we rode it before and like i said xr250 well then i showed him how to do the mods then rode the bike. he was in total awe,i was pleasantly surprised also. but anyway he ended up giving his kid the kdx and goin' down to get a wr250. :cry: just makes you wonder how many people don't know the untapped potential :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barefootbob

Posted January 26, 2005 - 09:28 AM

hey dan, ya ever rode a xr250?? i'll bet yamaha lost alot of sales on that bike because the dealers knew nothing (or would not tell you)of the mods. my buddy ralph looked at the wr 250,rode it and said his xr 200 had more power. ended up buying a kdx220. then i bought my 450 knowing it needed all the mods and we rode it before and like i said xr250 well then i showed him how to do the mods then rode the bike. he was in total awe,i was pleasantly surprised also. but anyway he ended up giving his kid the kdx and goin' down to get a wr250. :cry: just makes you wonder how many people don't know the untapped potential :cry:

Hey mcmountainman you'll be happy to know I'm putting my WR450 on a diet after reading all the weight you've shaved off your bike I'm hedded that direction.
North Carolina I used to manage a used car lot in Charlet N.C is a great place to live. the people still have values.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 26, 2005 - 10:42 AM

Hey mcmountainman you'll be happy to know I'm putting my WR450 on a diet after reading all the weight you've shaved off your bike I'm hedded that direction.

I think Bob ( NCMountainman) has the lightest WR450 on the TT forum and I know I have the heaviest at 286/292 lbs depending on the wheels I am using! :cry: :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 26, 2005 - 01:23 PM

cool barefoot, if you need any help with anything pm me, i'm workin' on a titanium rear spring 2+ lbs less and better action :cry: up high weight too,oughta feel that. took off the headlight assmbly,put a screen in the hole where it used to be. just that bulb and bracket 1 1/2 lbs. if i plan to do any night riding i can still put it back. i was looking at a 50 watt helmet light that runs off the bike,cyclops i think is the name. very small weighs almost nothing. could carry that in a fannie pack if i ever needed it? plugs right into the headlight socket. the more i think about it the more i like the idea!! has anyone ever rode with one ???

• mousemeat

Posted January 26, 2005 - 03:08 PM

I used to use the 'nightrider' lights when i rode bicycles alot. I was drawn to the hasselhoffian essence of the name, but they were also the best. Found you had more control over the direction when you held it in your teeth though...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.