Accelerator pump adjustments...?

3 replies to this topic
  • Atlasrider

Posted January 25, 2005 - 04:56 PM

I was over a buddys house today and was looking through a stack of old DIRT BIKE mags, in the July 2004 issue they did an article about setting up different bikes. The thing that caught my eye was about the 04 YZ/WR450.

Quote,"Accelerator pump adjustment is is also vital. The manual says to lift the slide 3.4mm, then adjust all the slack out of the mechanism. We look down the throttle body and adjust it so the spray just barely hits the back of the slide as it lifts". No slack in the mechanism when the idle is set to 2000 rpm. :cry:

Has anybody made this adjustment? I searched back through the threads a little way and could not find anything on this? Why would there be slack in the mechanism from the factory? How do you adjust the accelerator pump?

• mtrablue

Posted January 25, 2005 - 08:34 PM

i'm not trying to be a jerk but, read your manual. it's in there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockieman

Posted January 26, 2005 - 07:48 AM

There are instructions (complete with pictures) on Motoman's website for the older WR's ....not sure if this applies to the newer 450's.

• wrooster

Posted January 28, 2005 - 01:17 PM

IHas anybody made this adjustment? I searched back through the threads a little way and could not find anything on this? Why would there be slack in the mechanism from the factory? How do you adjust the accelerator pump?

see
http://www.thumperfaq.com/ap_mods.htm
and
http://www.thumperfaq.com/ap.htm

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.