Hi rise header for a 99 WR 400

2 replies to this topic
  • tcrow

Posted January 25, 2005 - 10:28 AM

Being the proud new owner of a 99 WR 400, it has come to my attention that changing the oil filter is a real pain. Where can I buy a hi rise header that will be out of the way of the oil filter. Thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted January 25, 2005 - 10:43 AM

You can pick up a used one or a new OEM that was for the 426. They changed the design to allow filter access. Or, you can do what I did, wreck the hell out of that SOB and put a nice natural bend in it. I just recently decided to change oil and didn't noticed that on my last outing I bent the bitch. It wasn't until I removed the oil filter w/o messing with the header that I noticed the crease.

• Some Dude

Posted January 25, 2005 - 11:08 AM

FMF Powerbomb is routed higher as well and is supposed to increase performance. I just installed one on my YZF400 and have not put any trail time on it yet to determine if there has been a change in the bikes character. It's really not that hard to take the header bolts loose and the rear exhaust gasket clamp in order to gain access to the filter cover. Also the stock oil filter is a screen type, so (changing) the filter is not necessary, just reverse rinsing with brake/carb cleaner and re-installing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.