How many miles on your L

4 replies to this topic
  • XR Dude

Posted January 25, 2005 - 08:37 AM

Anybody put enough miles on your 650L to have to rebuild it? Just curious how many to expect. I'm hoping the number would be 25-30,000 but don't really know anybody who's ridden that many to find out. Hope to hear from you iron riders out there. Thanks.

• cheff

Posted January 25, 2005 - 09:50 AM

I am not even close to that, but I do have 6500 hard miles on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Misfit

Posted January 25, 2005 - 10:52 AM

Mine only has about 6k on it right now. As long as you change the oil regularly and keep the valves adjusted to spec it should easily go 30-40k without a top end job. But from what I hear you may have to replace the clutch plates before that though.

• roadcam

Posted January 25, 2005 - 11:14 AM

I asked that question in here awhile back, and received several 25,000+ mile answers .. all claimed very frequent oil changes

• michaeln

Posted January 26, 2005 - 03:09 AM

I have over 34,000 miles on mine with the original top end. Compression is still good, no visible oil burning (although it does consume some between oil changes). My cam chain is starting to make noise, I have the parts on order to change it. I have changed oil & filter every 1500-2000 miles and checked the valve clearances at the same interval.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.