What knee pad to buy????

14 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:31 PM

I'm thinking of buying some knee/shin guards and I'd like to get some feedback on what to buy. Do the combo knee/shin guards go into your boot? If so, aren't they a bit uncomfortable? Should I just look for knee guards only? I'd really like something that is light and very comfortable. Thanks! :)

• Bill

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:39 PM

I have the Thor models, about $15, comfortable, light and fit in the boot.

Both my sons wear them also. The youngest torture tested his this week at BMX. The knee cap portion cracked but, he finished the moto and was riding the next day. A new pair will be bought Saturday. If hadn't had them on, I'm sure it would have been his knee cap that cracked.

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• Ga426owner

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:48 PM

I like the fox, Pivot knee pad $39

• GNCCYZ400

Posted August 02, 2001 - 06:07 PM

I use the Moose XCR? They are great!!! full protection for the knee and the shin. Best of all the shin guard has a small "lip"(tucks in your boot) on it that keeps them from sliding down your leg. I think I paid around 49.95 from D.K.(Dennis Kirk)
Good luck,

'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3
DIST. 7,29 (mx)
4 STROKE B #368

• tripm

Posted August 03, 2001 - 03:09 AM

I have the Thor pads. 10 bucks and they work pretty well.

• Unkle_Moose

Posted August 03, 2001 - 04:43 AM

Hello Boschk I have the MOOSE XCR pads and they work great, the only problem I have had with any Knee/Shin Pad is they way they feel in a sitting position. They always seem to bind behind my knee. I just saw the new FOX Pivot pads, the Knee Pivots at the Shin and when I tried them on at CYCLE GEAR they felt very comfortable, only thing is they are $40 I would go down to your local shop and try on all the brands and get the ones that feel that best. Good Luck

• ballistic

Posted August 03, 2001 - 08:06 AM

http://www.hrpsports.com/ ... the best knee and elbow guards out there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Swedisheagle

Posted August 03, 2001 - 01:08 PM

Fox Pivot. My wife is sewing up the knee section of my pants from my last great decision. I know my knee slid over some large (3"-4") rocks & gravel & the plastic shell and foam padding soaked it up beatifully.

• Ron_S

Posted August 04, 2001 - 01:50 AM

MSR makes a good set.

• WR400inOZ

Posted August 06, 2001 - 04:35 PM

I have the Fox Pivots... great pad, but first reasonable off and the right one cracked quite nicely.. better than my knee cap cracking though right! :)

• Greg_in_Atlanta

Posted August 07, 2001 - 07:30 AM

Moose has a real nice set that give you a little inner knee protection also.

Consider knee braces if it is in you budget. They are Alot cheaper than knee sugery.

• *mike68*

Posted August 07, 2001 - 07:40 AM

My friend, my girlfriend and I all have thor and all have cracks. I am going to look into the moose knee pads.

• WR400inOZ

Posted August 07, 2001 - 03:03 PM

Can someone please give me a website that would sell this Moose stuff online?

Thanking you.

• XR4hun

Posted August 07, 2001 - 03:21 PM

Fox Pivot. I haven't owned any other but by the looks of it I got the right ones. Very comfortable.

• Darren_Santilli

Posted August 07, 2001 - 09:08 PM

I use Axo knee/shin guards and find them very protective and comfortable.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.