Rekluse on the road.

4 replies to this topic
  • bfly

Posted January 25, 2005 - 08:07 AM

My friend just installed a Rekluse on his 450 and it seems to work pretty nicely on the trail. I am wondering how much damage this might be causing when he is on the tarmac.

• mark2025

Posted January 25, 2005 - 08:32 AM

Shouldnt cause any. It basically just works the clutch for you...so it wouldnt be any different on the road. Seems like it would be a nice feature. I had one on my WR250F and loved it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bfly

Posted January 25, 2005 - 11:03 AM

It engages the clutch by clamping the clutch plate using centrifugal force. If the clutch is spinning in first, going to second is not going to disengage the clutch. You are basically shifting gears without using the clutch. On the dirt this isn't really much of a concern due to the traction, or lack there of. On the tarmac the traction is much greater. The problem is the similar to lockers on a 4x4.

• ncmountainman

Posted January 25, 2005 - 11:13 AM

if you use the perch mount kit you can still use the clutch as if it was stock. i've got mine set very close to idle so i basically use the lever all the time. when you come to a stop the clutch tends to want to creep when set at such low rpm,but just one pull in and then back out ,no more drag! sitting at red lights i would imagine the perch mount would come in handy,also for shifting. :cry:

• RichBaker

Posted January 25, 2005 - 11:47 AM

It engages the clutch by clamping the clutch plate using centrifugal force. If the clutch is spinning in first, going to second is not going to disengage the clutch. You are basically shifting gears without using the clutch. On the dirt this isn't really much of a concern due to the traction, or lack there of. On the tarmac the traction is much greater. The problem is the similar to lockers on a 4x4.

Been riding my 03(w/rekluse) for over a year on the road-commuting and getting to the trails-and have NO concerns....just ride it normally.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.