Broken kick shaft !

1 reply to this topic
  • RoosterJ

Posted January 24, 2005 - 07:16 PM

Yes it is the roosterj again with starter problems. Love my Wr and its killer wheelies off corners, but i shucked out the right side this time and not the left ei e-start, Took out the outer case as well. Started the bike up with the button and rode back to camp. These shafts are hollow. What happens when you raise the compression ratio? I went a head and ordered stock replacement parts from Yamaha. Is this just me? Every one that looked at the broken part today says the same thing. Cheap. I will try a replacement from Yamaha but i dont have a good feeling. Maybe i will start pull cranking this bike to save on broken starting parts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 24, 2005 - 08:36 PM

Just use the e-start. :cry: The kick start is just for emergency when there is no hill to bump start it on and the e-start has failed. :cry: Kick start is the last resort for me! :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.