another one gone..sorry guys, going YZ250

19 replies to this topic
  • Pothole

Posted January 24, 2005 - 03:08 PM

The marketing genius of the beer can frame got me, I'm going with an '05 YZ250 . I may be back in '06 however..we'll see.

• yz426onNOS

Posted January 24, 2005 - 05:09 PM

Real thumpers never die!

• Satch0922

Posted January 24, 2005 - 05:22 PM

The marketing genius of the beer can frame got me, I'm going with an '05 YZ250 . I may be back in '06 however..we'll see.

Your gonna like it. It is definetly a fun bike! :cry: I will be back on a thumper one day...it is inevitable. But for now I am enjoying this sweet bike.

http://img.photobuck...5/050122-22.jpg

http://img.photobuck...5/050122-21.jpg

• DoctorRzed

Posted January 25, 2005 - 02:01 AM

Have fun on a 2-stroker while they last :cry:

• Chipstien

Posted January 25, 2005 - 09:57 PM

I too went back to a 2 stroke. Only I did it for less noise and more power.

00 380 EXC. :cry:

• yzwiley

Posted January 26, 2005 - 08:50 AM

I'm fortunate to have both a 2-stroke and a 4-stroke. I enjoy them both. Every time I get on the thumper I'm reminded how much fun they are. As too with my smokers. Here's a shot of my newest scoot. It's a hoot to ride.

Posted Image

• Satch0922

Posted January 26, 2005 - 11:52 AM

Sweet!!!!

• SureBlue

Posted January 26, 2005 - 12:09 PM

yzwiley - what a clean beautiful bike you have! :cry:

• Pothole

Posted January 26, 2005 - 12:40 PM

I'm fortunate to have both a 2-stroke and a 4-stroke. I enjoy them both. Every time I get on the thumper I'm reminded how much fun they are. As too with my smokers. Here's a shot of my newest scoot. It's a hoot to ride.

Posted Image

Very nice bike...if fact that's pretty much exactly how i'm going to setup my 250...ty davis tank, scotts stabilizer, handguards, etc. My yz400f is setup like that now, without the stabilizer..and I think I'm going to keep that bike..not sure yet. I'm having a hard time thinking the '99 400 will get much ride time if there's an '05 yz250 in the garage!

• MXKyle

Posted January 26, 2005 - 12:53 PM

Very nice bike...if fact that's pretty much exactly how i'm going to setup my 250...ty davis tank, scotts stabilizer, handguards, etc. My yz400f is setup like that now, without the stabilizer..and I think I'm going to keep that bike..not sure yet. I'm having a hard time thinking the '99 400 will get much ride time if there's an '05 yz250 in the garage!

You would never ride the 400 again. Not because it's a bad bike but because you will be so spoiled with the current suspension that you will not submit yourself to futher abuse by the old bike. I know my new 125 suspension is so much better than my '03 450 that I now have to either sell the 450 or get the suspension updated so that I will ride it more often. And this is a great bike that I love to ride. I miss the power but not the pounding my arms get. That said, I always leave the 125 on the truck and ride the 450 if the track is damp.

--KT--

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzwiley

Posted January 26, 2005 - 01:13 PM

I'm very spoiled.

I have two YZ250s setup like that and a YZ426 all done up too. The other 250 I have is last year's event bike that I will keep for fun riding, wereas the bike you see is this year's event bike. My 426 is my event bike from '02 that I've turned into a dual-sport.

All of my bikes are setup as the newest one is. When I ride them I like to feel as though they are all the same. And yeah, I do ride them all. In fact, I rode the 426 last Sunday when I participated as a course worker for a local grand prix.

• CBreaken

Posted January 26, 2005 - 04:02 PM

If you don't mind me asking yzwiley how did they attach the shear pin mounting bracket for the steering stabilizer on the new aluminum chasis. I've got an 05 250 and and considering the damper. (Already have a scotts on the 04 450 and love it!)

• yzwiley

Posted January 26, 2005 - 05:26 PM

If you don't mind me asking yzwiley how did they attach the shear pin mounting bracket for the steering stabilizer on the new aluminum chasis. I've got an 05 250 and and considering the damper. (Already have a scotts on the 04 450 and love it!)

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Posted Image

• Satch0922

Posted January 26, 2005 - 05:33 PM

YzWiley,

Hope you don't mind...I posted a pic of your bike over at ALLTHINGSMOTO.COM.......even more people drooling over it now!

• yzwiley

Posted January 26, 2005 - 06:26 PM

YzWiley,

Hope you don't mind...I posted a pic of your bike over at ALLTHINGSMOTO.COM.......even more people drooling over it now!

No problem.

Here's the other side.

Posted Image

• RaptorRacer888

Posted January 26, 2005 - 06:33 PM

Very nice YZ 250 yzwiley, but I have a question...

What kind of chain are you running, and do you like it? O yea, and if you don't like it, could you recomend one to me?

I need a new chain for my 250 as my stock one keeps on stretching(I sware its made out of bubble gum or somethinmg)

• tnl

Posted January 26, 2005 - 06:45 PM

Chipstein, nice avatar :cry:

• yzwiley

Posted January 27, 2005 - 06:52 AM

Very nice YZ 250 yzwiley, but I have a question...

What kind of chain are you running, and do you like it? O yea, and if you don't like it, could you recomend one to me?

I need a new chain for my 250 as my stock one keeps on stretching(I sware its made out of bubble gum or somethinmg)

DID X-Ring.

I never run the stock chains. I immediately replace them. Along with the chains and sprockets too.

Actually, there are a lot of the OEM parts I replace before I ever ride the bike. That way when I go to sell it I simply put all that stuff back on for the new owner. I figure I'm going to replace that stuff at some time so why not do it in the beginning and put the OEM stuff back on as to make the bike more sellable.

I take quite a few steps in the beginning to insure that when I sell it the bike looks and runs sweet. If I were write of all I do you would have a couple of pages to read. Long story short, the pictures you see are of the bike are of it before I've put one mile on it. It sat in my garage for two months being assembled. Last Saturday was the first day I rode this one and I bought it last November.

Like I said, I'm spoiled, but I'm the one spoiling myself.

• CISCO

Posted February 04, 2005 - 10:11 PM

Wiley man, we will need to compare steeds. Im currently planning on building a similar bike. Im gathering parts currently. You running a FWW? What tank is that, IMS?

Im gathering a 14oz Steahly FWW and a Clarke tank. 18" rear excell, BRP clamps for Damper, suspension work, Iron man Sprocks and new chain, moose skidder, BRP chain block, PC pipe and 296 silencer.......

I swear your bike is exactly what mine wil look like. :cry:

I was swaying towards a WR450, but am going to wait for 06 to see how the look then. I plan to race the 2fiddy this year, put back to stock and sell in 06. What are you racing that requires green backgrounds...nationals??

• mtrdrms

Posted February 05, 2005 - 05:08 AM

WOW - I might just have to go get one of those beauties! Really nice bikes guys.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.