takes a licken and keeps ticken

8 replies to this topic
  • barefootbob

Posted January 24, 2005 - 12:50 PM

Man I trashed my 04 WR450 this weekend. Stoneyford 1st time ther blowing past a kdxT-boned a bolder 1.5' +2' came out of the dust at the last second Bam blown fork seals than later that day on some crazy hill climb fell over and smashed left radiatorand bent my bars,the people said wow thats the hardest hill climb around wish they would have told me that befor I tried to blast that hill,everyone was turning around should of known.
Rode the rest of the day bike ran fine never overheated just haled a$$
When you go somewhere new find someone that knows the trails.
The list of parts befor my next ride.
Radiator{one side}
Bars
plastic{shroud front # plate & light rear finder
rear tire
front barrings
check forks Rim and frame for bends and cracks. Hmm not that bad

so I found a easy way to remove the snorkel with out removing the air box if anyone is intrested.

• Texas4play

Posted January 24, 2005 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like FUN! I crunched my left radiator, ended up buying a new one thru my buddy at Yamaha, paid like $195 (cost is around $176). Could have done the Mylers thing but, decided to hold off (can always fix the old one and keep for spare). One thing I found out AFTER I bought the new one, I could have gone thru IMS and got their super duty radiator SET (2) for only $399. Hope you get her all back together ok ...

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 24, 2005 - 02:24 PM

On a 2 day ride last year a guy with a 2 day old wr450 smashed the left radiator to bits in the first half hour, they removed it and bypassed it, it didn't over heat all weekend :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 24, 2005 - 02:34 PM

You guys need to get Unabiker rad guards they pay for themselves in one crash! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barefootbob

Posted January 24, 2005 - 03:05 PM

You guys need to get Unabiker rad guards they pay for themselves in one crash! :cry:

Yep I'm no longer just talking about them I'm getting them
This was a very good ride, I was riding great yesterday the 450 was just kicken!! The hill climbs wher people wher gathering at trying to make it ,I just bust up the hard line using what other people avoid as a jump to pop me to the next level :cry: The kids wher like {who was that old dude }

• Texas4play

Posted January 24, 2005 - 04:41 PM

I've got the Unabiker guards ... now!

• RADRick

Posted January 24, 2005 - 05:36 PM

I've got the Unabiker guards ... now!

Where can I find these?

• vantolr

Posted January 24, 2005 - 06:14 PM

Sounds like FUN! I crunched my left radiator, ended up buying a new one thru my buddy at Yamaha, paid like $195 (cost is around $176). Could have done the Mylers thing but, decided to hold off (can always fix the old one and keep for spare). One thing I found out AFTER I bought the new one, I could have gone thru IMS and got their super duty radiator SET (2) for only $399. Hope you get her all back together ok ...

If it's not entirely smashed, don't forget about Mylers.....they can repair it for a lot cheaper than buying new......

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

• jchantzWR400F

Posted January 24, 2005 - 06:30 PM

Where can I find these?

I think through the TT store...or www.unabiker.com directly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.