GYT-R Pipe For 05 450

16 replies to this topic
  • tricksta400

Posted January 24, 2005 - 12:23 PM

i want a new pipe for the 'ol gal and was wondering what are your thoughts on the gty-r, it looks amazing and is made by yami so it has to be good. any thoughts.

• Jetsprint2

Posted January 24, 2005 - 01:05 PM

You will be paying for a statis symbol. The performance gain is little compared to the price. Although I don't think any aftermarket pipe will give you a real noticable difference. I bought my Dr. Slip on purely on the sound of the pipe, something other than stock. I would respect a GYT-R pipe if I saw one, however I would rather put the extra money spent on extra tires, oil, chain, sprocket, ect. I guess I am all about practicallity, all IMO. :cry:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 27, 2005 - 06:36 AM

You will be paying for a statis symbol. The performance gain is little compared to the price.

I disagree.. Yamaha engineers claim a 3 hp gain on the bottom and a 1.5 hp gain on top. The GYT-R pipe retails for 80.00 LESS than the Drd. No doubt that Dubach has a great product but the GYT-R is no status symbol. For the price it looks like the OEM hop up catalog pipe might be a good decision.

Just my opinion

• beezer

Posted January 27, 2005 - 06:40 AM

I always wonder if the aftermarket pipes do much besides lighten my wallet.

My 450 has the Promoto insert. Those aftermarket pipes are big bucks.

The new FMF Q looks nice!

• tricksta400

Posted January 27, 2005 - 08:49 AM

yeah i know there big bucks, i just want a little more bottom to make this bike friggin rip out of the corners, i also want to get one for that certain sound you get from an aftermarket pipe, amazin!

• Wyatt

Posted January 27, 2005 - 11:23 AM

If bottom is what you are after then go with a Thunder Alley for about 250 bucks. It will make your bike flat rip out of corners and is easy on your wallet. Great pipe!!

• AV8OR

Posted January 27, 2005 - 11:47 AM

any websites for this "thunder alley"??? do they make one for an 01 426????

• Ga426owner

Posted January 27, 2005 - 12:15 PM

i want a new pipe for the 'ol gal and was wondering what are your thoughts on the gty-r, it looks amazing and is made by yami so it has to be good. any thoughts.

GYTR is ok, DRD is better, Thunder alley - I do not know or anyone that uses it, but people rave about it and CHM.....pipes are like women.....to each his own. I will tell you that you are better off with the full system for the most gains - forget the slip ons...my opinion. I like my White Bros Alum Race series and for 05 they have a new end cap - that is what I would purchase if it was me. Expect to pay 500-575.00 for the full system. Fit and finish are perfect - Titanium turns cool colors on the headpipe and performance is awesome....maybe there is a reason Team Honda and team Yamaha use the carbon pro version.....I wouldn't, as one wrong wreck and the carbon cannister is toast - the alum version is much stronger...and lower cost. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wyatt

Posted January 27, 2005 - 01:15 PM

www.thunder-alley.net

• MotoWRat

Posted January 27, 2005 - 06:06 PM

The Yamaha race team used the GYT-R pipes up until the White Bros came out with the carbon-pro. So it should be the second best MX pipe.

• Yamaha_004

Posted January 27, 2005 - 08:52 PM

I bought a bike a yz450 with the hole gytr set up and loved it but after a couple of weekends the can split in half so be wise on what you choose.but I just got sponsored by fmf and I would go with the new factory 4.1 its sweet

• 226DAD

Posted January 28, 2005 - 12:47 PM

B I G G U N ! ! !

• mx369

Posted January 28, 2005 - 01:40 PM

Hope its not the carbon fiber one. I bought one and it broke in the carbon fiber shell. AND I DIDNT WRECK IT> Im the ONLY rider of this bike. NO PARTS are available for it either!!!!!!!!!!

• sbrown

Posted February 21, 2005 - 11:36 AM

A really cheap and effective way to get more performance from your ride is to add a tooth or two to the rear sprocket. That will really make her rip. It'll feel like there is more bottom end also. :)

• Joe_Jet

Posted February 21, 2005 - 04:03 PM

White Bros Carbon Pro complete system, 899, FMF Factory 4 system with SX powerbomb header, 699, or FMF Ti 4 with Ti midpipe, ~350, and most bang for the buck. The Dr D is awesome too, but doesn't offer the huge weight savings of the FMF slip on. The FMF will not only add power, but will also lower the weight of your 05 YZ to less than that of a 05 CRF!!!

• mnm567

Posted February 21, 2005 - 05:39 PM

Has anyone noticed that Motosport outlet is selling the White Bros. aluminum race system for $350.00? It was originally $600.00. What gives, is it too loud and no one was buying them? Does anyone now the db output of the White Bros. Seems like a good deal to me. Matt

• John407

Posted February 21, 2005 - 07:29 PM

I always wonder if the aftermarket pipes do much besides lighten my wallet.

My 450 has the Promoto insert. Those aftermarket pipes are big bucks.

The new FMF Q looks nice!

Hey beezer, I'm looking at the Pro Moto end cap and insert for my 450. Any jetting or adjustment I should know about before I get it? Thanks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.