Will a YZ subframe fit a WR?

5 replies to this topic
  • bfly

Posted January 24, 2005 - 12:07 PM

I managed to loop-out my bike yesterday and bend the rear sub frame pretty good. I am wondering if a YZ aluminum sub frame will fit on a WR and have everything mate up. From the pictures in the online parts catalog on Yamaha's website it looks like the YZ doesn't have the tab for the radiator overflow reservoir. Is this the only difference?

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted January 24, 2005 - 01:54 PM

I'd get an aluminum subframe from a WR, then you know it will fit. I know the 03/04 WR's have aluminum.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 24, 2005 - 02:38 PM

I think you are right on. The only difference is the tabs for the over flow bottle. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bfly

Posted January 24, 2005 - 04:18 PM

If the overflow bottle tab is the only difference then that is an easy enough fix.

• WRSTEVE

Posted January 25, 2005 - 01:11 PM

I put an 02 YZ sub on my 02 WR, no problemo :cry:

• bfly

Posted January 25, 2005 - 01:13 PM

Excellent!! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.