1 reply to this topic
  • BubZ

Posted January 24, 2005 - 09:52 AM

I just bought an 05 WR450 last Friday and have been reading these posts every since. Like most new owners I have some questions. I hope you guys can help me out and are tolerant of the questions.

First, I want to get the bike as stripped as possible without loosing the electric start. So, I would like to basically have a wide ratio YZ with e- start. Is this possible? Does the bike need all of the switches, buttons, lights, etc? Can the rear fender be replaced with one that doesn't have the light?

Second, I am interested in the jetting spec's, but they seem to be varied from one member to the next. I am not afraid to jet the carby, I've been riding 2 strokes since 75 so I know my way around a carb. I live in South Carolina anybody have a set of jet numbers for this area?

Third, I would like to loose the coolant overflow tank. Has anyone tried going to a higher pressure radiator cap and some engine ice or water wetter?

Once again thanks for your patience. I know you have probably answered these questions many times, but I haven't become very proficient at the search function yet.

Bud

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted January 24, 2005 - 11:10 AM

1. You can strip it down as far as you want. I switched the rear fender to a YZ (don't use the yamaha oem rear fender because you'll have to trim holes for the subframe, I think ther UFO fender is already slotted for the WR. I know alot of guys on here have removed headlights and such and just run a number plate.

2. Jetting specs will vary on your elevation and temp.

3. I removed my overflow tank and just tucked the hoses. I run Silkolene pro cool and haven't had any problems yet. But, then again I don't ride very slow.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.