Muffler Modification

1 reply to this topic
  • Robert_Brazil

Posted August 02, 2001 - 08:32 AM

My WR426F 2001 (purchased in Brazil) is a European Model, that comes with a stainless welded muffler. Different from the US bikes, the pipe/insert cannot be removed by just wrenching, even when opened, I even don't know if it has an easily removable insert. It requires sawing, and welding (stainless steel). Can anyone tell me if it worth sawing this pipe open, and if so what has to be done (in terms of modifications) to unleash the power of my WR426?

Once uncorked, what about the pipe, (between cylinder and muffler) this is not a 2 stroke bike, is it really worth changing this pipe? What does the bike really gain?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted August 02, 2001 - 11:34 AM

Opening up the pipe makes a pretty big difference. Another way to get around the cutting and saw is by another pipe. That way you can have the stock pipe as an extra. I am using a YZ pipe and have my stock one as a back up. If you can't buy another pipe you still might want to go ahead and cut up your old one. You can't begin to use all the power your bike has until it can breath.

------------------
2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Works Connection Radiator Guards, Michelin M-12, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed, Gray Wire Mod.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.