What happens when....

4 replies to this topic
  • spy

Posted January 24, 2005 - 07:41 AM

you rev the sh!t out of your bike to get out of deep mud but the wheel doesnt move. What potential problems are we looking at to the engine? :cry:

• endurodog

Posted January 24, 2005 - 07:52 AM

Clutch problems maybe. Need more info though. Did the problem last, was it in gear, ect.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted January 24, 2005 - 09:16 AM

Hopefully, its just the clutch. This would be the cheapest and quickest fix. I have never worn out a motrocycle clutch in my life, but I see it happens a lot. Quick task if thats it!

• spy

Posted January 24, 2005 - 11:01 AM

Well, was stuck in knee deep soft mud with roots of sort beneath. Heavy reved the bike in gear to try get it out together with a tow row. Once out, a fully released clutch seemed like i only released very little clutch. Let it cool and adjusted the clutch cable free play and it seems ok. Not sure if any damage done though.

• endurodog

Posted January 24, 2005 - 11:58 AM

My guess is you over heated your clutch. You oil will trashed full of bits so replace that and the oil filter before you go anywhere on it again. If you adjusted your cable and all seems well it is probably fine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.