Anyone that took out there e-start - 03wr450?

2 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted January 23, 2005 - 09:46 PM

Have you figured out how to fabricate a new ignition cover that doesnt have the gear housing on it? I want to remove the estart , but would like to resolve that issue before I start. Thanks in advance, Denis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 24, 2005 - 11:22 AM

NCMountainman has done this mod. PM him any questions. :cry: Real good guy! :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 24, 2005 - 03:23 PM

i wish i could post pictures but i'll try to explain. if you cut off that knob that holds the starter with a die grinder, you can tig weld it back with a part of the piece you cut off. now when cutting you must leave the gasket surface and the bolt hole intact (so basically your cutting a hole in the case very close to the edge.) then cut a chunk of the trash piece to fill the hole,get it as close as possible. then tig weld it (you must use tig,any other way is to hot and will warp or melt the gasket surface) and yes the case is aluminum and not magnesium. if you don't feel comfortable doing that a 1 1/8" rubber freeze plug from auto zone works to fill the hole.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.