2trac "behind the scene"

9 replies to this topic
  • sabin

Posted January 23, 2005 - 12:33 PM

Here are some pics from a friend's 2trac wr 2004

http://www.sained.com/sabin/2trac/
and Video:
http://www.sained.co...ac/MVI_3281.AVI

You can't imagine how much stuff I have to disassemble to change the front sprocket or grease the swingarm :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 23, 2005 - 12:55 PM

That is cool! :cry:

• Bamster

Posted January 23, 2005 - 01:38 PM

I would love to try one of those. :cry:

• sabin

Posted January 23, 2005 - 02:00 PM

BTW the original Ohlins(scott) damper was set to 17 clicks out! This means that it is almost off on the low speed circuit. I guess Yamaha decided to do this because the way the damper is mounted do not allow the user to easily tune it, so they decided to almost switch it off.

• mjslim

Posted January 23, 2005 - 02:11 PM

Is this a Yamaha R&D Prototype? How much additional weight does the new drive system add?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted January 23, 2005 - 02:23 PM

Ohlins claims 8.6 kg.

Ohlins 2trac specification page

• jaggley

Posted January 23, 2005 - 02:23 PM

what did he pay for the bike and where did he get it?

• sabin

Posted January 23, 2005 - 02:49 PM

From the local Bulgarian Dealer for $12600 US! However I have heard that in Germany you can find it for under 9000 Euro. There are 3 bike like this sold in Bulgaria. I rode this one and it is amazing how the bike goes straight on acceleration. Crossing swamps is like you ride normal road. However it is so much more complicated that I do not want it at all! You cannot change even the main jet without spending 3 times more time, and all this stuff around your engine... no thanks! The Ohlins suspension is what I definitely want from this bike though!!!

• sabin

Posted January 23, 2005 - 03:03 PM

I forgot to mention that this is the PERFECT wheelie machine!!!

• mjslim

Posted January 23, 2005 - 07:03 PM

Do you notice a big decrease in acceleration due to the extra drivetrain parts? Is the front wheel drive always engaged or can you engage it when needed? Interesting concept, is it intended mostly for low-traction, technical conditions? How does it feel when cornering?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.