Is it possible to get a MCO?

5 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted January 23, 2005 - 08:52 AM

I got my bike last yr from a guy in MD who bought the bike new from the dealer w/out any MCO so he wouldnt have to pay any tax etc. Is it possible to get the MCO fro any Yamaha Dealer?

• NevadaCR500

Posted January 23, 2005 - 09:08 AM

Sure it's not hot? My bike came with the manufacturers certificate of origin, not sure if they all do though.

• DoctorRzed

Posted January 23, 2005 - 09:15 AM

I Am 100% Positive Ran The Vin Number Etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shawnc2874

Posted May 11, 2005 - 12:53 PM

I've got the same problem. Sold a bike that I had bought used from a dealer. The man I sold it to insist on having the MCO. I told him I would do what I could. I bought it from a local dealer who did not get the original papers from the owner.

• new04450

Posted May 11, 2005 - 01:06 PM

The dealer it came from should have made a copy of it and have it on file- That is how we do it at our shop-

• Tourmeister

Posted May 23, 2005 - 11:50 AM

What can be done if you don't know where the bike was originally purchased and the original owner can't help you? Does that basically mean you are never going to be able to get the MCO? I called my local DMV and they said the only way I could get a title for the bike is with the MCO.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.