wr450 - 04 v05

3 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted January 23, 2005 - 04:34 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME FEED BACK FROM ANY WHO HAS OWNED OR HAD A BIT OF EXPERIENCE ON THE 04 AND 05 WR450, IS THERE ANY BIG DIFFERENCE OR LITTLE BETWEEN THE THEM E.G-- POWER, HANDLING,COMFORT.I'VE READ ALOT HERE ON THE FORUM 05'S ARE HARD TO START,IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM? OR JUST A FEW BIKES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SET UP PROPERLY IN THE FACTORY. MY 04 STARTS FIRST TIME EVERY TIME (MAYBE I'M LUCKY) I'M NOT HAVING A GO AT THE 05 I'M JUST AFTER A HONEST OPINION REGARDING ALL THE ABOVE. :cry:

• Flip01

Posted January 23, 2005 - 08:30 AM

Oy, as of late, you're kinda opening a can of worms here. :cry: The only real issue with the '05 is jetting. In order to get the '05 green stickerable here in California (yes yes, I know we ruined it for everyone) Yami had to make it REALLY LEAN. Super duper lean. But, after you re-jet, it's a non-issue.

I've also heard that there's a cam difference in both the YZ and WR '05s to '04s. I guess the '05s come on a bit mellower than the '04s? :cry: I dunno....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted January 23, 2005 - 10:00 AM

they lowered the frame tube down an inch(or so) on the steering stem. i sat on one at the shop way too low for me(although its said to have gotten rid of the top heaviness). apparantly they did not do this to the yzf's and i'm kinda wondering if they do come out alum. frame for 06, that wr's might not get them for that reason?

• cruise

Posted January 23, 2005 - 03:40 PM

the 05 has a smaller tank

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.