7 replies to this topic
  • bluerider450

Posted January 22, 2005 - 11:44 AM

i recently got a pcti muffler and tightened it up to much now i cant get the bolt out to rethreat or whatever it nees anyone have any ideas on how to get the bolt out of the subframe and be able to repair with out buying a whole new subframe?

• Frostbite

Posted January 22, 2005 - 11:46 AM

Is it stripped and turning or seized solid?

• bluerider450

Posted January 22, 2005 - 11:48 AM

the bolt can turn anyway you want it wont tighten anymore or come out though

• Frostbite

Posted January 22, 2005 - 11:55 AM

I'm not sure which bolt you're talking about. Does it thread into the bike frame or into the muffler? Unless there's a welded nut that broke loose and is spinning you might be able get it out by putting pressure on the bolt as if you're trying to pull it straight out and turning it with a ratchet at the same time. If it bolts the muffler to the frame, prying between the muffler and the frame while turning the bolt may do the trick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WheelsUp

Posted January 22, 2005 - 12:04 PM

Ditto above.
Once it's out, re-tap the subframe to the next size, or if the muffler hardware won't allow for a larger fastener, then clearance drill through the sub, use a longer bolt, and put a pair of locknuts on the inside.

• DoctorRzed

Posted January 22, 2005 - 12:17 PM

Simply drill it out :cry:

• etownyzf

Posted January 22, 2005 - 01:52 PM

drill it out-then put in a longer bolt & a nut on the other end

• bluerider450

Posted January 23, 2005 - 11:16 AM

its the bolt that holds the muffler to the subframe thanks ill try it doesnt sound to hard i dont think

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.