5 replies to this topic
  • cruise

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:13 PM

My alt is 60 ft above sea level and the temp is between 80 - 100. Humidity today is 45%.
I currently have a 170 mj, JD red needle #5, #45 pilot and 1 1/4 tunrs out on the fuel screw.
Its running pretty good but i think it could be better any suggestion
would be appreciated.

PS I've done all the free mods and it has a yz pipe

• Texas4play

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:20 PM

Personally if I was you I'd run the red needle #4 and 1 3/4 turns out.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 21, 2005 - 10:26 PM

Cut back to a 160 main and JD red in clip #4 and it will rip even better. That is what I use in the hottest of summers! JD instructions are on the safe (rich) side. :cry: The 45 pilot is perfect for the high temps. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cruise

Posted January 23, 2005 - 05:49 PM

Before i changed anything i checked the plug color and its a little on the white
side should i still lower the mj :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 23, 2005 - 08:33 PM

Did you do your plug chop at full wide open throttle for 10 seconds and then kill the engine? Otherwise the plug may be telling you you're lean on your pilot/idle circuit. :cry: If it is running good leave it. :cry: You can try the 165 first and see if it performs better. I use the 170 main as my "winter" main jet. :cry:

• cruise

Posted January 24, 2005 - 04:58 AM

Did you do your plug chop at full wide open throttle for 10 seconds and then kill the engine? :cry:

No i didn't oop's. I did a search on it and decided to put in the 165 mj and red needle #4 i will take it for a test run tomorrow.
Thanks for the help :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.