Bike won't start!!!

25 replies to this topic
  • Derekj426

Posted January 27, 2005 - 02:19 AM

With my odd work schedule, my 01 426 sits up for about 2 weeks at a time before riding, if its warm outside,, couple twists to the throttle to gets some squirts in,, since I still have the decompression lever, I do 2 kicks thru, and then kick her over, first kick every time.. Now if its cold outside, I gota twist the throttle about 3 times,, kick a couple of times, twist again maybe once or twice, and usually will start after that.

• stainlessTT

Posted January 27, 2005 - 09:46 AM

The hot start seems to never make a diff on my bike. I have tried it hot and cold... never notice that it helps. Usually the bike starts on the second kick every time unless its really hot I got to let it sit for a min, hot start doesn't help me then either.

• Jetsprint2

Posted January 27, 2005 - 10:45 AM

Tired after 15 kicks, time for a workout. Although it would be a whole lot more fun to get the workout on a running bike. :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stainlessTT

Posted January 27, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Well you guys were right :cry: It was the spark plug. Picked up one today and changed it out when I got home. Started on the 3rd kick and runs great now. Went out and rode for a couple of hours :cry:

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... for the advice. From now on I will always ask you guys 1st. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 27, 2005 - 04:37 PM

It seems we all learn this lesson the hard way. If it won't start after a few kicks, go for a new plug and it usually fires right up. :cry:

• biznet1

Posted January 27, 2005 - 05:11 PM

Well you guys were right :cry: It was the spark plug. Picked up one today and changed it out when I got home. Started on the 3rd kick and runs great now. Went out and rode for a couple of hours :cry:

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... for the advice. From now on I will always ask you guys 1st. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I knew it. I just read this thread from the beginning, thinking the whole time "change the sparkplug dude!' Even the 4 strokes foul 'em at times. Usually gas fouled though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.