A couple of pics of my BRP

10 replies to this topic
  • TXBRP

Posted January 21, 2005 - 05:15 PM

I installed a BD kit. Tomorrow I plan on getting it inspected. Wish me luck, but it should be no prob here in Texas. Now if only we had all of those places to ride like you guys out west. :cry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• jlpskydive

Posted January 21, 2005 - 05:35 PM

what is that tail light set up? Mine sucks and that looks great.

• TimBrp

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:16 PM

That's the LED taillight. Baja designs rules.

• smashinz2002

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:00 PM

Hey man TXBRP, are you in Ft. Worth? if so, you're not far from Rip-char cross country cycle park (if it's still there). . Anyway it's just north of Weatherford. Never ridden there but heard it was decent. And of course there's that place down in Gilmour (east texas).

• Roll_it_on

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:03 PM

Does that LED shine white or red when it is powered. That is a really cool set up but I would think it needs to be red to be legal for a brake light.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:16 PM

Hey man TXBRP, are you in Ft. Worth? if so, you're not far from Rip-char cross country cycle park (if it's still there). . Anyway it's just north of Weatherford. Never ridden there but heard it was decent. And of course there's that place down in Gilmour (east texas).

Rip-Char is still there. And better than ever!!

www.rip-char.com

• Mokuleia

Posted January 21, 2005 - 10:45 PM

Roll it on,
The Baja designs LED taillight shines red straight back, but has a few white ones that shine down on the plate (if you put the plate under it). I'm pretty happy with it...

• KeithBoyd

Posted January 22, 2005 - 01:41 AM

Not too bad here in France(or the N.Ireland where I come from originally)..all that is required is a lefthand mirror(or righthand) headlight,stop and tail light along with number plate and number plate light.....indicators unnecessary....

Posted Image

• TXBRP

Posted January 22, 2005 - 04:34 AM

No, I'm south of Houston. There isn't squat I've found around here so far. Probably the closest place for me will be the trails in Sam Houston National Forest in New Waverly. That's about a 1 1/2 hour drive so that wouldn't be too bad. Also, my folks have a place north of Huntsville with a couple hundred acres, a lake and a cabin. I guess its time for me to make my own trails there :cry:

• Roll_it_on

Posted January 22, 2005 - 07:29 AM

Roll it on,
The Baja designs LED taillight shines red straight back, but has a few white ones that shine down on the plate (if you put the plate under it). I'm pretty happy with it...

Thanks for the info!! I think I have to get me one of those. Very clean looking and I would imagine with the LED's they would out last the bike so no more bulb replacements :cry:

• Mokuleia

Posted January 22, 2005 - 09:17 AM

If I had it to do over again, I would have mounted that tail light a little further to the back. I looked at a number of pictures and they all show it mounted with the light fully covered by the original fender. I think I would leave the top exposed, its actually kind of hard to see when fully covered on top (though better protected). Another small issue with that kit is it disables the original taillight. It would probably be easy enough to reroute the wiring for it so it goes on with brake aplication.

They make this stuff sound all too easy on their websites. I found permanently modifying a new $6K toy a little nervewracking. Not as stressfull as replacing the needle, and seat in the carb, but close.

Mark

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.