First Impression - Scott's Damper

3 replies to this topic
  • kirkw

Posted January 21, 2005 - 03:43 PM

Thanks to Brian at TT Shop, who invested the time to answer lots of questions and relate his experience on dampers. I decided on a Scott's due to the adjustability and the zero return to center (good price from TT too). I ride a lot of tight twisty, with some straight aways. Speed range is usually 20-60mph, with average around 30. Everyone said it is odd, but you will not notice it working at first. In fact, I did wonder if it was functioning for the first pat of the ride. However, I can say that I am sure it did work and there were several times that I liekly would have been re-directed had ti not been mounted up. Additionally, it also seemed to make a difference in being able to go straight in the slow muddy sections filly with that snotty, slick clay, as well as the tight, rain rutted single track. Looking back, I am sure that there were a few sections that I went faster in because of it. I had groused on the decision to get one for a while. For those of you in the same position, I would make the decision to get one again. More to follow as I get better acquainted with the its operation.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 21, 2005 - 04:54 PM

Wait until you hit wheel deflecting rocks or roots and bang a few trees with your bark busters! :cry: First mod and tops on my list. I love my Scotts! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:28 PM

Steering dampner is next on my list but I still can't decide between GPR and Scotts :cry:

Or, for that matter ....triple clamp, bars, sub-mount / top mount ... :cry:

• Khari

Posted January 22, 2005 - 02:12 PM

I had actually ordered the GPR/Applied setup, but after reading some of the posts from people who already used the GPR, I cancelled the order and bought the Scotts damper with Scotts Triple. I have no regrets. Scotts is (arguably)the best damper on the market.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.