green sticker

3 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted January 21, 2005 - 03:10 PM

G'DAY
I KEEP READING ABOUT THE WR450 BEING GREEN STICKERED TO COMPLY WITH LAWS IN THE U.S BUT OVER HERE IN OZ I DON'T THINK WE HAVE ALL THAT BULL###T ON OUR BIKES CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS.
MAYBE YOU'VE GOT MORE GREENIES OVER THERE THEN HERE :cry:

(DO THE BUSH A FAVOUR BULLDOZE A GREENIE) :cry:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:51 PM

Greg, it has to do with pollution and sound. It much meet certain specs to get the green sticker. Its usually just Cally. But its so easy to undo this. Throttle stop, muffler etc, crank open the fuel screw a smidge etc. I bought a Canadian WR450 and it was the same bikes you guys get. It was CA, NZ, AU and one other area. Not sure. It has no throtle stop, no grey wire etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WheelsUp

Posted January 21, 2005 - 08:54 PM

I bought a Canadian WR450 and it was the same bikes you guys get. It was CA, NZ, AU and one other area. Not sure. It has no throtle stop, no grey wire etc.

Not anymore. The '05 Canadian WR's are just as plugged up as the US models.

To top it all off, to qualify for "greenie" status, the WR450F now has a capped fuel screw and only one slot on the jet needle. :cry:

• cruise

Posted January 22, 2005 - 12:34 AM

My 04 came with the throttel stop and a 15t front sprocket. In the spares it had the YZ throttel stop and a 14t front sprocket both i have put on. It does have a grey wire which i cut and the restricted exhaust is welded up :cry: which i replaced with a yz pipe. It came with a #165 mj , #45 pilot jet, stock needel #4 clip pos abd fuel screw 1 3/4 turns out. Also the stock suspension is set softer then the us model :cry: maybe because ours come road regesterd :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.