Supertrapp EAR or FMF

4 replies to this topic
  • grreatdog

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:55 AM

I have always used Supertrapp EAR's on my bikes with good results. And I have a cheap, battered eBay special to try on my old XL600 as soon as the garage thaws. But my wife owes me a Christmas present so I am considering a FMF Titanium4 instead. I already have the Ti midpipe for it (another eBay special) so it would not be terribly expensive to go that route.

So, does anybody have any experience with these FMF Ti4 silencers? I am wondering how they compare to the Supertrapp EAR in dB level and performance. I need to keep things reasonably quiet. But I want the weight saving and performance boost to go with my rejetting efforts.

• don87xr600

Posted January 21, 2005 - 08:07 AM

I have the regular Q the ti is supposed to be just as quiet. The great thing about the Q is they don't even check it at sound tests they just pass me!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • miguelitro

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:33 AM

i've been wondering the same
keep us posted if you go with the fmf q pipe
compared to the super trap ear
thanks

• 6fiddy

Posted January 22, 2005 - 12:40 PM

ive got the titanium4 on my xr650r and it roars like a god-da$#@# TYRANNASAURUS!!! i love the power curve it gives. feels like a different bike :cry:

• grreatdog

Posted January 22, 2005 - 08:08 PM

I never read dirt rider but picked a copy up yesterday for some reason and they have an article about the Ti Q pipe. Their only complaint was about how easily Ti gets dented. They give the Q model a thumbs up.

Time to blow my Christmas money. I can't believe how light the Ti midpipe is. I can't wait to ditch the anchor Honda calls a muffler. Too bad half of my bus isn't made out of the stuff.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.