gyt-r exhaust for yz400/426

11 replies to this topic
  • Andrea

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:48 AM

I have found this exhaust on ebay for mine yz400, someone of you already seen or tried it? l'exhaust it is gyt-r therefore a task that is beautiful exhaust thanks

pics of exhaust

• Thumper38

Posted January 21, 2005 - 07:38 AM

That thing is way cool!!!

• yz426em

Posted January 21, 2005 - 07:48 AM

that has me thinking of getting rid of my big gun and trying one of those, it looks bad @ss

• Turf_Runner

Posted January 21, 2005 - 10:34 AM

This looks nothing like the like the pipe on Yami site.

I say it's bunk...

• sanpedro426

Posted January 21, 2005 - 12:55 PM

Yea you might wanna check it out CLOSE because it looks like it is for something else because the tag is on the wring side of the can to go on the right side of the bike , you wont see the name tag. It might be for a quad :cry:

• XriderR00

Posted January 21, 2005 - 03:35 PM

:cry: Great exhaust. I have one myself.. Airflow is improved dramatically and this thing is loud as hell:thumbsup: (yes i trail ride). The exhaust is just one big hole through the whole canister. The emblem is on the opposite side in the pic than it is in real life... weird i dunno. The system is a LOT lighter than stock and I have nothing negative to say about it. :cry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2001YZF426Rider

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:25 PM

I must agree that exhaust is really loud!!

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:07 PM

What those exhaust are left over clearance items from yamaha. Early last year, Yamaha clearanced all the 98-02 YZF parts, mainly the YZ400F factory aftermarket exhaust. There were 4 different carbon fiber exhaust in the clearance. THey are from the early race team bikes of 98-99 - same product the race team ran.

The exhaust is made by white brothers. IT is a S bend silencer with a carbon fiber can. I had the ProMeg Ti and carbon fiber E series on my 426.

They will fit the 98-02 400 and 426 bikes. They are for real. What you still find on Ebay is sellers that had a high reserve on the items (dealers or people working at dealers) and have not been able to sell the pipes for about 6 months now.

• sanpedro426

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:22 PM

That IS a sweeeet lookin pipe. Never work here in Cali f in fornia 96 db and all the other crap. :cry:

• Andrea

Posted January 24, 2005 - 12:56 AM

then... you what that exhaust advised for mine yz400, a DR D or a yoshimura RS3 slip on in steel? I do not want to spend more than 400$

thanks

Andrea

• sanpedro426

Posted January 24, 2005 - 11:18 AM

I got a white bro's oval alum and it is nice it actually came with my bike , i baught it used. :cry: :cry:

• MichiganMXer

Posted January 27, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Just scooped one of these bad boys for $200 bucks, carbon fiber muffler and titanium mid-pipe. Interested you can contact Yamaha of Southern Illinois.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.