Selling BRP and Dual Sport Stuff

9 replies to this topic
  • FooBarr

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:34 AM

Howdy guys.
Been laid up with a blown disc in my back for the past year. Decided to clear out the garage on some surplus BRP and dual sport stuff. It's posted over in the For Sale Section.

Items include:
UFO heavy duty Fender with tail light
Oregon Headlight with built in turn signals
Protapers and top clamps

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=224515

• qadsan

Posted January 21, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Hi Eric!

Sorry to hear about the blown disc in your back, but it's good to hear you're out of the war zone for the time being. Hopefully the back isn't bothering you too much for the day to day stuff. You may want to enable PM's if you want people to contact you on the items you have for sale. Click on 'Control Panel', then click on 'Edit Options' and there's a check box under the heading 'Messaging & Notification' >> 'Enable Private Messaging'. Take care :cry:

• cajun

Posted January 21, 2005 - 08:18 AM

I'll give you $25.00 for the Temp Stick.

• FooBarr

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:31 PM

Hey Quadsan,
Good to hear from you. Yeah, blowing the back out sucks. I was a real dumbass and carried a NIB dishwasher into our new house. Next day I could hardly walk and had shooting pain down my leg. The BRP has been sitting idle for a year and a half. I was supossed to hook up with Stonewall when I moved out here a year ago, but hasn't happened. Maybe this summer if I can get back in the saddle. Right before deploying again this fall. Yippee, yippee, joy, joy.

For all those other fools with poor lifting techniques, go to Harbor freight and get yourself a $20 dolly. Believe me, it's better than sitting on the sidelines with a box of kleenex.

• cajun

Posted January 22, 2005 - 04:04 AM

Hey FooBarr, I'd like to give you some advice. I am a personal trainer and a theropist. I can almost promise you that if you injured your back from lifting something that you have muscles that aren't working correctly. I deal with this every day. You should seek out these people in VA and they can probably help you. If you'd like more discussion on this send me a personal message.
We practice a technique called Muscle Activation Technique. It will help you. You'll be able to function again. Don't put it off to long.

Lauro Richard Spotsylvania VA 540-840-3208 rich@sports-injury-solutions.com 703-643-9711

MaryAnn Jackson Woodbridge VA 703-615-3542 mjackfit@comcast.net

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted January 22, 2005 - 04:42 AM

I have three herniated disc . I can share some things too !

• bork

Posted January 22, 2005 - 04:45 AM

I have three herniated disc . I can share some things too ! my email is borknbeans2@yahoo.com

• FooBarr

Posted January 22, 2005 - 05:02 PM

[quote name='cajun']
We practice a technique called Muscle Activation Technique. It will help you. You'll be able to function again. Don't put it off to long.
QUOTE]

Cajun, I'm military and the docs seem to have provided desent service. They did an MRI and said I was still too mobile for surgery. They wanted to want 6 months to see how it'd heal. Plan to see a doc this monday. Been taking it easy, swimming alot, got an inversion table to stretch it out, and take them glucosomin chondrotin pills. I'd say I'm back up to 60% of where I was before it blew out. I get around for the day to day stuff pretty good. Don't think it could take a dirt bike pounding yet. Maybe this summer.

• cajun

Posted January 24, 2005 - 04:18 AM

If the Docs haven't done individual and specific muscle testing (and I know they
haven't) then they don't know why you have the disc problems and they haven't
prevented it from getting worse. The only reason it's gotten better is because your not doing much, and the stretching will help as long as your stretching not long after. If your satisfied stick with it. If not check out the theropists I gave you. They will help.

• FooBarr

Posted February 13, 2005 - 05:07 PM

Still got some stuff left and reposted the thread in the for sale section.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=224515

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.