edelbrock settings

2 replies to this topic
  • bigtom17

Posted January 20, 2005 - 02:05 PM

I have and have had the EBQS for some time, recently having problems with settings of the red knob. I have the airbox mod from Barnums so pulling lots more air but not sure how many clicks to set knob at sea level. I have the 19 e blade in also. Where are you guys set up for this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted January 20, 2005 - 02:32 PM

On one of my bikes, I'm running the #18 needle at 12 clicks out. I forget exactly how my other bike is setup, but it has the #19 needle in at and I believe I was at 16 clicks out. I set mine up to ride from 2,500 to 4,000ft.

Try starting out at 15 clicks out and see how WOT performance is. If it pops a lot on decel from WOT, then turn the clicker in (clock wise) two clicks at a time until the popping goes away. Now turn the clicker out one click at a time until you get an occassional amount of popping on decel and you're done.

If you're not popping upon decel from WOT, then turn the knob out (counterclockwise) two clicks at a time until it pops on decel. Now turn the know in one click at a time until you get occassional popping on decel from WOT.

This should get you setup pretty close and from here you'll be within a couple clicks of being perfect. From this point, you'll want to do some test runs at WOT under load at the clicker position you ended up with and also try it at one click leaner and one click righer just to see which gives you the best WOT performance and from there you can call it good.

In the above, you're just paying attention to the upper half of the peformance spectrum. For crisp off idle throttle response, you'll need to adjust your accelerator pump and this can be done with the engine running if you're careful not to burn yourself on the header (been there done it :cry: ). Test your bike on hard pack where you'll get better hookup as opposed to loose dirt. Once the accelerator pump is correctly setup, the front wheel should want to easily and quickly come up whether you want it to or not. Even when trying to accelerate smoothly if you open the throttle quickly, the front end should feel very light. If you whack open the throttle from anywhere down low, the front end should immediately want to pop up, but don't go so far as to loop the bike.

• jws

Posted January 20, 2005 - 04:07 PM

I have and have had the EBQS for some time, recently having problems with settings of the red knob. I have the airbox mod from Barnums so pulling lots more air but not sure how many clicks to set knob at sea level. I have the 19 e blade in also. Where are you guys set up for this.

at sea level with the airbox mod mine is set at

19e needle
12 turns out
1 1/2 out on the pump

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.