• MudFlap

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:35 AM

:cry: Where does one go to purchase the POWER NOW mod? :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:45 AM

http://www.cyclebuy....w/power_now.htm

• elton

Posted January 20, 2005 - 07:11 AM

Please offer an opinion if this is a worthwhile Mod for a 05 WR450.

Thanks,

Elton

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 20, 2005 - 08:15 AM

It is only noticeable and helpful when rock crawling with throttle control and no clutch work. Forget the plus version it leans out the JD needles too much when uncorked. I would not buy the Power now for high reving wide open riding. It is real nice on tight enduro single track trails if you are not racing. Racers wont find it useflul. Trail riders on nasty trails will. :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted January 20, 2005 - 12:25 PM

http://www.cyclebuy....w/power_now.htm

Wow, small world. This guy who owns this site is the guy I bought my old WR426F from! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simica

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:49 PM

Please offer an opinion if this is a worthwhile Mod for a 05 WR450.

Thanks,

Elton

After doing all of the free mods and going one up on the pilot jet, I rode my bike again after installing the Power Now and going up one size on the main jet. I believe the Power Now made a big improvement when getting on the gas, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear, and continues to pull in 4th. Below is a copy of what I wrote in another thread and covers just about everything I've done to my '05.

Just my 2 cents, but instead of the JD kit, I installed the Power Now, did all the free mods, one size bigger on starter, pilot, and main jets, and 1 and 3/4 turns out on a Storm fuel screw. The bike rocks! Can even keep up with my friends KTM 525 going through all the gears as well as top end. Still has a little hesitation some times on starting with the e button so I might go up one more size on the starter jet.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted January 20, 2005 - 08:05 PM

:cry: Where does one go to purchase the POWER NOW mod? :cry:

I think the ThumperTalk shop should be able to hook you up. 110% low price guarantee, can't beat that..... :cry:

• ktabb422

Posted January 20, 2005 - 08:09 PM

I got mine for a YZ250F at motosport outlet. It was a surprisingly good difference on the bottom to mid of the bike. First time on the track was at an indoor, with it i could tell it was easier to do the jumps from the inside lines.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted January 20, 2005 - 08:23 PM

When I fitted a PowerNow (about 2 years ago), I was riding in pretty deep loamy conditions. With the PN, I found I could pull third gear hard through certain corners, that prior to the PN, the 426 would bog in third on the same corners. I just noticed it sharpened up low-mid' range response, which is always good..... :cry:

• MudFlap

Posted January 21, 2005 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for all the info, good stuff and I appreciate all the knowledge from everyone!!!!

• thumpinTed

Posted February 18, 2005 - 02:56 PM

You can make one easily if you are into home made power now mods theres a lot of info on these here

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.