Valve Shim Compatibility

3 replies to this topic
  • JMathis

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:25 AM

Does anyone know if any other shims will work besides the Yamaha ones. I know on my Triumph Sprint that I had the Kawasaki shims were the same.

• ncmountainman

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:46 AM

i've heard a couple times that the crf shims were the same,but don't take that as word. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted January 20, 2005 - 07:00 AM

Honda shims are the same. Hot Cams sells a nice kit. :cry:

• Hamish

Posted January 21, 2005 - 02:55 AM

there is a model of toyota that has the same shim sizes, not sure what model.
My yamaha spare parts dude (very clever man, especially for a dealership worker) told me this as I was purchasing a 120 shim (smallest yamaha make) for my centre inlet valve :cry:
New valves are on the way.
I'm doing some pre release testing for a new aftermarket Ti valve company, I'll let you know how they go when they finally get here.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.